New Patch Seems To Be A Lot Better On Series S

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Princess Entrapta, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I've been deliberately loading and reloading the services which consistently crashed for me on Series S before, and all the ones I have tried so far seem to be running just fine. Seems like DTG definitely improved stuff.
    FPS is still pretty choppy, but the crashing absolutely seems to be massively reduced. Services which crashed to the XBox dashboard on the loading screen are running for me now.

• Like Like x 4
  2. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

It's now just completely broke it for me on my xbox one. Crashes when I am trying to select a service in the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Good so far... I'm updating atm
    Notice any differences in the sehs services and is there still that 465 at the Victoria depot?

4. Princess Entrapta

Still seeing all the 375s and 465s all over the place. Just drove out of Victoria alongside a 465 actually. On a service which always used to crash for me as I departed Victoria.
    Would love to hear details of what they tweaked on the next stream.

5. Princess Entrapta

Did you dl both the TSW2 update *and* the individual route updates for Brighton and Dresden?

6. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Lovely, glad to hear the crashing is fixed or will it remain hah@?.

7. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Restarted the xbox and it gave me a core game update. That's fixed it now.

8. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Done it now. Didn't give me the core game update until I restarted the xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Oh there you go :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Do the consoles still spin up in the menus because performance is not capped on the UI?

11. teamcrazy#8012

teamcrazy#8012 New Member

Still had an out of memory error on Xbox one S even after the patch

• Like Like x 1
  12. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

It may well look better, but it seems that it needs a lot more work, first train I try is 06:14 Littlehampton to Victoria and I'm currently in a very long queue of trains outside Victoria, been waiting for 10 minutes so far and the queue is already 9 trains long outside Victoria, not even counting inside. Dispatcher issue perhaps, but it's only affecting the fast lines, not slow ones.

13. jefalcon6

jefalcon6 Active Member

I had a similar issues last night with 13 trains in front of me waiting to access LV.

14. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I really appreciate the fact that Matt has made streams about timetables and testing bla bla bla, but it strikes me that we can find these bugs which lets be honest, shouldn't be happening I mean even Donald Trump would do better.
    Please don't release it if it doesn't work, and if there are issues, for heaven's sake tell us before we buy it not to us "oh, it's late in the day, by the way it doesn't work properly", have some respect for the community.
    Oh I'm still waiting, now for 30 minutes, might get a coffee
    Edit- got bored and went to try and force the despatcher to ensure the first train entered the station, then the game crashed again! So not only can they not be bothered to test but they also lie and say they have "improved things"- JD quote!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

13.33 Brighton to Victoria 377 crashes crossing Thames river
    Series s

16. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Hi. Out of interest, can you remember what timetable services you're seeing the 465 on? I don't seem to see any on my Xbox Series S. If I try to load 2B34 09:15 Victoria to Sutton, it crashes before loading into the game with the out of resources error :(

17. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I had a go on Xbox One post-patch and I can't really tell any improvements. London Commuter still feels the same lag and stutter-wise as yesterday - but I guess that's old-gen probably trying to run this route.

Just out of interest, does anyone else here on both the old- and new-gen Xbox experience super lag at East Croydon - even without trains present. It's about a 100x more lag here than at Victoria which, while does lag, is playable while I find almost hardly any bad lag at Clapham Junction

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

My Xbox One X does but Xbox One S fan stays the same. If I want to idle on the menus I press the Xbox guide and that brings the fans back down.

19. kameron

kameron New Member

Was excited to see the patch for Bml, however nothing has really changed. Now just crashes and takes me out the game when approaching victoria. Notice these crashes only happening when the layers at Victoria are active, sometimes I load into Victoria, when I do the layers arnt there but if they are, the game crashes. Was really hoping they fixed it but the patch hasnt worked.

20. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

The first attempt I had on journey there were layers in but the 2nd time I played it and the service after I hadn't seen any sehs layers.
    Not sure if its a glitch or?

21. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

It's not just on bml it happens on all routes that enable layers from other dlc, all layers should get loaded in, if it doesn't just exit to menu and enter same time again and the correct layers should be there. On the crashes, still got an out of memory in to Victoria crossing the Thames all sehs layers active.
    I still always save at Clapham junction not to loose my sanity :)
    I'VE noticed playing on full cloudy mode vastly I creases my fps on the series s, can anyone confirm?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

And if anyone is having trouble with the save not actually bringing you back to the correct objective marker, save before you actually arrive at the Clapham junction stop marker, so when you load back in youre save, you're next stopp will be Clapham and you can continue and finish the service.

23. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Thanks, yes if I exit the route and reload the service, the SEHS trains are there.
    Contant crashing though. Doesn't make any difference whether I'm in HD or 4K, full, partial or no clouds.
    Together with the texture glitch, lack of rush hour passengers and poor sounds (I appreciate these have been a long standing issue, even before 4.26), I have to say this really is putting me off playing until some of these issues get fixed.

24. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Never had a crash with TSW2 before now, hence me joining here, get crashes every time you finish a session now, just before the final stats screen shows on series X

25. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I still got crashes when loading services at London Victoria, on xbox series x :(