Fishing Sim World New Player Help.

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Haggis McNoob, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

I had the last dovetail fishing game for Xbox but didn’t really give it a try. Want to get into this one more. Any tips for a new player? The tutorials are not the best.

I haven’t seemed to have any problem catching fish, (although small) but I’ve no clue how really, just using the beginner kits you get and casting near reeds. Not sure where else to catch or how to catch bigger fish.

2. Jamie T

Jamie T New Member

What fish are you targeting? If you are looking at bass my advice is to buy the 5in Perch Swimbait ASAP. It has been hauling fish out for me.

3. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

To be honest I don’t know. I’m very new. Don’t know what fish to go for. (Not a fishman in real life either)

I don’t know where is best to fish, is there a list somewhere, such as said fish likes to swim in reeds. Said fish in deeper water etc. And also what’s best for fishing, reeling in all the time of the bob fishing one with bait?

4. Jamie T

Jamie T New Member

I just posted a quick start guide, take a look at that. If I were you I'd take a shot at carp fishing first. It's very simple to get used to and you will get results quick. You can catch a fair amount of carp with just the starter set-ups. Go to Gigantica or Manor and have a go fishing in weed or in silt. You will start picking up fish relatively fast. Fish with 2/3 rods at once and get used to managing that. Remember to use a hook suitable for the floor of the lake or you will miss out on fish. When fishing for carp you chuck the bait out and leave it still; no movement.

Once you get used to that, have a go on Lake Johnson and use a Rat-L or a swimbait. Retrieve it constant on speed 3, if you are in an area with bass you will pick them up relatively quick, although you may need to move around a bit. Remember to fish near features or structures on the lake; islands, shallows, reeds, cliff faces, beaches etc.