New Route Interest?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simeonhill2002, Dec 22, 2020.

1. simeonhill2002

simeonhill2002 New Member

Hello, Im new to this forum just wanted to see if anyone was interested in a new route I am in the very early stages of developing, It is a commuter style network with a bunch of routes around the map. If nobody is interested I wont bother publishing it, just trying to get a general feel. Ive attached a map off what im tring to go for, as i have said EARLY STAGES. Thanks, Sim

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Seems interesting if ya ask me.

3. simeonhill2002

I was kinda going for modern britain on a fictional island sort of an extension of the network in my mind. I hope to run eletric trains (AP313s/377s atm) on the more direct routes and DMUs on the non-eletrified lines, these will most likely be 166s etc.

I hope to eventually also do reeskins for the trains once i have time. A big project but one I am determined to complete.
    I posted a VERY early taster on steam workshop 'hill island pre alpha'. Theres a lot to do but i will get round to doing it, hopefully.
    Let me know of anything you think would add to the route. Thanks again

(bit worried about the assets req. but should be ok)

4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I'd say go for it, and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

go with US theme for the route.

6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I doesn't have to be US theme.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SCOTT ORDON

SCOTT ORDON New Member

How about ww2 Russia. There were so much movement by trains, American funded the largest Railways network in the effect of supplying Russia with three raw material from ammunition to trucks and even medicine.

And it would bring more people who are interested in that time to the game.

I understand there is a political issue but call of duty did it successfully i don't see why this game can't and its a downloaded content so unless you want to play it i don't see how it will effect peoples views.

8. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I assume any reference to military themes and symbolism would force them to have a higher age rating for the game, so I feel like anything like that would be unlikely

9. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Wasn't there a WW2-ish era British route made that had specially scripted Stuka dive bombers "attack" your train? Or was that a third-party route?

10. steammaster4449

Well we do have the United States Army Transportation Corps S160 class of 2-8-0 available as a DLC on Steam thanks to Victory Works, and that class was made specifically for export to Allied nations in WW2 and the DLC has some appropriate scenarios to simulate runs the class would've made back in the day. Plus I recall there being a pack of modern American military equipment on flatcars available through something on Steam, I forget how I got them. So I don't think it's the reason you listed. I think it's just overall demand for those sorta things. It's not as much as the demand there is for, say, a modern route in the U.K. or something.

11. Trent Trainspitting

Trent Trainspitting New Member

Sounds good! You could publish it on the workshop if you don't want to add custom assets!

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

It seems this would be better in the general TS 2021 forum rather than the suggestions forum (which is generally for things we want DTG to look at or develop). But looking at what you've posted, it has the kind of feel of other Workshop projects where people are working on multiple routes. One such real life historical project involves the Portsmouth area and relays a few lifted lines in the realm, but yours looks a bit broader and bigger. I might be interested in checking it out if you develop it as I'm starting work on a Youtube channel and could show it off with commentary.

One immediate comment I might make is find a way to connect the rails that end near a major station to that major station. Don't forget that tunneling is an option, so you can tunnel through and then emerge in the station on the other side. You might even be able to remove one service type and make it three services, or even two. At least make that northernmost one (HSRail) the same as the other one in the north and treat it as a branch line, as there seems to be very little point to one company taking that line without even serving a major station. By combining it it takes on the feel of, say, the Sheerness Branch to London-Faversham by being a side line tied to the other, but only with back and forth services, and can even be a single track line with only one train permitted at any one time. The west side (Woodford National) should continue to the main station, however, or otherwise merge into the line to the south entering that station. I'd even move it further to the east towards the junction and then have it go south to the next station.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  13. jezza004

jezza004 New Member

I’d love to see routes and trains being out into the roadmap for the Queensland Rail Brisbane City area. There are a number of lines that would be great to see in TSW or TS2021. More specifcally if you wanted to do a high speed run on the QR Springfield to Redcliffe line with the New Generation Rolling stock. I understand the limitations of course. But it would be amazing to see an Australian route in the game.

14. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

they need to bring the Long Island Rail Road over

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

If an Aussie theme was used for this, it would give at long last a use for the ChrisTrains Aussie train at Just Trains. Seems he made that for an Aussie project that got dropped, so it's sitting there without a home. We need an actual route and perhaps DTG can get the rights to that model to use for the route.

16. steammaster4449

I like how people are suggesting this and that when the route's theme's kinda already been determined.

17. simeonhill2002

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions, really helps with ideas for the route.

Just a little update scenery and track up to these areas are fully complete... Exciting! The pic is of Beachlands station as of yet, rolling stock is yet to change. 20210205222818_1.jpg 20201226234905_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2