PlayStation New Scenarios

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Mar 22, 2019.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Do you think we’ll ever see new Scenarios added to existing routes? In my opinion, 4/5 scenarios aren’t enough and doing Services can become tiresome if you do them back to back.

Some examples of potential GWR Scenarios;

Cup Final Chaos

The cup final is due to be played in London and the Reading to Paddington section of the GWR is already busy thanks to a broken down HST at Slough. Take the Class 43 HST from Reading to Paddington, stopping at Slough to pick up those stranded and continue your journey to Paddington.

Breaking the Chain

Driving the Class 66, take this train and its hoppers to Hayes Tarmac facility and then on to Acton Yard where you’ll then break the carriages down ready for their journey to separate locations.

Easter Engineering Works

It’s the start of the Easter period, major works are currently being undertaken on the GWR between West Ealing and Slough, one line is out of action. Take the Class 166 from Paddington to Reading, be aware of potential delays.

It would be great if DTG managed to get the Class 57 loco and Mark 3 carriages then we could do the Night Riviera service from Paddington to Reading & Reading to Paddington.

• Like Like x 5
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I would like if they add new Scenarios in a Scenario Pack for already released routes. The ones you described would be interesting aswell.
    I would like to see some more complex scenarios, where you dont just drive from Station A to B. They could be more adventurous with those and doing stuff that you cant do in service mode. For some routes most of the scenarios included are just some sort of normal service, which is unnecessary imo since thats what the Service Mode is already there for.

GWE had some unique with the unloading of the waggons and the broken HST. In RSN the storm one was pretty cool. More of such scenarios would be great. Wouldnt mind if they are longer, 60, 90 minutes or longer since we can (at least in theory) save.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i like the idea of a senario pack for TSw PS4 or for the consoles. yes i agree the game gets too boring doing services after a while. thought of a senario of maybe doing a service lets say on Gwr reading to paddington then lets say catch the next train to acton and there is a 66 there for you to some shunting of wagons. then shunt some coaches to make a train for a special service to reading and then do that service. this could be done on any route dosent have to be on GWR. id like to be doing some shunting on NTP but theres no freight wagons to shunt or freight services

4. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

A nice twist. Given we are in the Unreal engine, the Guard is on a final warning about their commission and the ticket machine has a money counter installed.

Armed with only a PORTIS and your wits, navigate the overcrowded HST and take as many fares as you dare as the southerners have taken another humiliation from a north team in Cup Final Chaos

20 Stanley knives, 15 beer openers, 15 FA Cup Final programs, 1 Blackpool Scarf to find...

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

....now if there was a Blackpool scarf I can see there being trouble with this Preston fan right here

6. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

New Scenarios would be great, certainly a way to beat the repetitive service mode.
    Driving an HST or Class 66 up and down the same track, has lost its fun for me now.

I have done nearly all the services on WSR and that route has lost its entire appeal to me now.