New Skyhook Games Uk Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mattwild55, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Back onto the topic.

What about the TfW Class 197?
    That's a Diesel Hydraulic?

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Something Cardiff Valleys would be a curve ball, though the era probably too late for the 37 hauled peak services on the Rhymney Line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am surprised we haven't seen any of the valley lines in at least one of the train simulators, well I don't know of any anyway, apart from Maerdy.

They could be a possibility, I assume some have freight workings still involving a class 66?

4. OldVern

I think one of the "jumbo" MSTS routes, might have had a crack at it, Bristol to Cardiff and onwards, but they were very generic.

5. theorganist

Ah okay, I have vague memories of that route but never owned it, well MSTS seems like a vague memory now although I remember getting very excited at the North West England route and all the stock which came with it.

6. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

First Great Western and cross country ? is that still a possibility.

ertet.jpg tryyer.jpg

7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

First Great Western is not permitted to be used in TSW. GWR didn’t want their ‘old’ branding in game. That’s why it was included in the files but was never used in game.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

yes with two new updated trains and class 66 could be added for freight trains + a new train the class 221 a line with a correct distance is st exeter David >> plymouth and the class 165 could also added for this route and in AI train

• Like Like x 1
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I believe within the last year or so and I believe it is still the case today. So no GWR branding on new routes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Also no cross country since dtg no longer have the license in tsc and still don't in tsw

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

The 66 is starting to turn into the oh no not again loco. We still have many types of loco running about ie 37s in some areas still work regularly but we get the 66 on all new routes in UK. Low hanging fruit tbh. DB routes have 3 freight loco types alone and some mixed traffic ones too. The RHTT was so dull I refunded it. ( Although also refunded the German Dispolok). With license issues which may be made worse by many TOCs being on emergency contracts and industrial action ongoing its about time we got an all singing all dancing UK BR era route. Even if it was a smaller than many would like something like Par to Plymouth with Branches would be great and wouldn't need much more than what exists already. A Valenta HST and a 50 would nail it down and some rolling stock ie Buffet cars and CDA wagons.

• Like Like x 7
  12. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

They've already done Rapid Transit...

13. theorganist

Yes I agree although those things seem to be everywhere so I guess they fit in every route. I think they are ugly personally.

It is about time we saw a comprehensive BR period route, I do agree. With the licence situation there are some routes which will be out of bounds if you want to run current trains.

We already have a 08, 31, 33, 40, 45, 47, 52 and 101 in the sim, therefore you could probably find plenty of potential routes where you would only need to make one piece of traction. Bristol to Weymouth in the 1970's would be a good one, the 33, 52 and 101 would be suitable traction.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Jpantera

My worry is that although BR stuff is well easier from the licensing point of view and a log already exists sales were bad that's your lot now. We seem to have one modern route after another lately and that's despite empty stations that are in reality some of the busiest in the world but in the game are devoid of 95% of trains. The fact that many are calling for more gimmicks like working lifts rather than wanting operational simulation means I fear the future for both busy UK routes and anything BR era could be grim. As for Steam we know its the bosses pet but it's not exactly worked out well so far although I heard it sold well. Maybe a 60s route with some green diesels and steam could be a good compromise for us Diesel fans.

• Like Like x 8
  15. theorganist

Well I don't know what the sales figures were but the routes seemed popular at the time. I have seen many posts from people praising TVL. I guess if DTG think there is enough interest they will make such a route.

I am hoping with steam that when they have fixed the problems with SOS we will see some DLC for SOS and maybe another steam route in development.

As I said I enjoy driving trains and don't dislike the modern routes but I don't want TSW just to be the preserve of modern units and class 66's. Having said that due to its busyness London to Brighton is for me the best route so far even if it is just wall to wall Electrostars. I could imagine how wonderful the route backdated 40 years would be, I would never be off it!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

If NTP and TVL didn't sell well, maybe that was because the timetables are poor, very poor, especially when you compare them to what timetables you get on modern routes. A massive revamp of the timetables and some scenery improvements on both NTP and TVL, with an added loco or two could well see a spike in sales. I've created a couple of decent scenario's on both routes but with very limited paths I can't get to how I truly want them, like HST's flying through Darlington, HST's at Leeds on London-Scotland runs etc.

• Like Like x 4
  17. theorganist

NTP is too quiet timetable wise, I don't think any of the Scarborough services are there for a start. TVL is probably about right (except for Darlington) although I am sure more freight could be added, they missed a trick in my opinion by not adding more to the route.

Both routes could be bases for new DLC.

• Like Like x 4
  18. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes a good BR era route / Loco Addon is exactly whats missing now. This UK era seems to allow the most variety in services currently, because DTG made quiet a lot of br Diesels & MUs. Any BR Era route would be day 1 purchais for me. The 4 (rivets included) is just not enough.

I would even be ok with no new locomotive, but 3-4 new wagon types instead. To make it interesting on a location / year, where most of the classic diesels currently in tsw could run.
    Other than a new route, existing dlcs could be extend such as tvl or ntp, tvl has a lot of industry and i would like to see it extended into direction bishop auckland. NTP could get extended after leeds or manchester, or behind huddersfield over the bridge to lockwood:

3_Huddersfieldj.jpg

1_Lockwood.png

2_Lockwood_j.jpg

Actually the viaduct is visible on ntp, also a.i trains run there.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Jpantera

Your right about London to Brighton it's great and would be good in olden times too. I would happier if the modern stuff was busier but there are

Right on the timetables being substandard. The Leeds and Manchester Vic areas are ghost towns train wise. As well as the Lines feeding in and out en route. TVL should be busier around Darlington and Middlesbrough as a lot more trains operate in those areas. The fact we have a 47 and TEA tankers and don't see them as layers is odd as There was a lot of this type of traffic around. Also the Boulby line being missed off completely as well as it's trains means another batch of trains gone. As much as I would like some timetable upgrades for these routes I would reckon they are in the bin unless DTG want to tell otherwise.....

• Like Like x 2
  20. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

Bring it on! People forget how busy the line between Par and Lostwithiel was with frequent china clay trains, HSTs, regional trains and local trains on the main line. Would be a really interesting timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

TVL needs a pacer, to help differentiate it more from the Class 101 included with NTP. The Class 20 didn't really add much, and the Class 31 is fantastic but felt like it belonged on NTP more than TVL.

NTP definitely needs a better timetable, Manchester Victoria and Leeds are simply too quiet. It's not so much due to a lack of suitable stock, but rather a lack of AI only services heading to destinations other than those on NTP. In fact, NTP probably has the most stock variety of any UK route (it just needs to be used more).

SOS was the last BR route, which only released less than a year ago, so unfortunately I don't think we'll get any more historic UK content for a while (at least not from DTG).

22. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The stock included with DLOGW would be more suitable for an alternative timetable on WCL, where the NTP layers would also be more appropriate. That should only involve creating a new timetable - and even for a small price that would be quite appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. NTP was released way before Rush Hour and it really is starting to show. Since Rush Hour routes have gotten a lot of AI traffic if the rolling stock was available, unfortunately this was not applied to the majority of already existing routes.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Would just like to add my voice to those calling out for a new NTP timetable - it's a brilliant route but far, far too quiet. Even with the Heavy Freight add-on, it's very clear that whoever was writing the timetable additions ran out of time/puff by the time they reached early morning because there are loads of great little activities at Manchester (shunting and other stuff like the van train) that suddenly disappear from about 10:30am onwards. Especially egregious - it leaves a carriage full of people stuck attached to an 08 at Huddersfield for the whole day!

While we're here, my personal opinion is that NTP is the route more than any other that would also benefit from the new skies as it's very scenic in places - moreso than probably any other released UK route, with a close second being TVL.

I'd very much like to see the Class 31 and 20 layered onto here if appropriate (even if that means another livery for the Class 20) too. They're brilliant locomotives that basically don't ever get a good thrash as TVL is flat as a pancake for the most part.

Of course, if the community had a way of authoring timetables, some enterprising folk would have probably done this already! :o

• Like Like x 7
  25. Jpantera

DTG have to put resources to enhance old routes they did it with new journeys for Koln to Aachen but did charge for this add on. TVL and NTP need something though.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

That would be amazing. 2 amazing station and most likely LNER (finally!) and an IET!

27. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg have also given us timetables for free so with the given trains in game, could make a busier timetable

28. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Now the Special Projects Team always looks with them how the route progresses and where they should improve. So I think 3rd parties stuff won't be like they were in TSW2! Still fingers crossed of course, always! :D

29. Jpantera

31s were not seen much in Manchester in the early 80s. Type 2 duty was handled by 25s, they were seen in Yorkshire though in plentiful numbers. I don't think Manchester Vic crews learnt them until the mid 80s. Right about the timetabler stopping shunts after 10:30 am. Very frustrating when the route has such a plethora of yards although on some German routes only pockets of shunting are done then that your lot and back to A to B runs. One of TSWs strengths is that it can simulate realistic operations when Ai is in charge or the player.

• Like Like x 2
  30. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Was there ever a class 81 for ts classic? I immagine a route in tsw with older ac traction for uk would be same interesting. Currently i would prefere a westcoast mainline in the BR era before the modern one.

81.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  31. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I don't ever recall an 81 but there was an 82 from IHH

32. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

The Class 86 would make the most sense for a BR blue WCML route as they were by far the most numerous.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Jpantera

Would also have the bridge over the Tamar as an iconic structure. I am wondering if Skyhook (back on topic) are planning an iconic route or are going to go for something nondescript. We surely must be getting an S and C or Fort William To Mallaig off someone sometime.....

• Like Like x 1
  34. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Hope to god its not a pacer

• Like Like x 1
  35. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Settle and Carlisle would be awesome!
    Sprinter, pacer and freight with the optional railtour too.

36. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

TSW needs a pacer, there is a couple of entire era’s that it will need to fill.

• Like Like x 2
  37. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

It could be Birmingham new street to derby. If they do this it would add more traffic in brum so it doesn’t look as dead. They could make the class 220/221 voyagers and have them based at central rivers TMD (burton on Trent)

layer in a HST, freight and a couple rail tours and you have a decent route

and make the class 170 as a future add-on

38. theorganist

Didn't DTG lose the Cross Country licence though? Otherwise it would be quite a decent route I agree.

39. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Yeah DTG lost the CrossCountry license I believe ;)

• Like Like x 2
  40. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Ah my bad. I didn’t even know they had one :)

41. theorganist

They did on TSC, that is why some of the Just Trains routes like the Cornish Mainline were withdrawn from steam if I recall.

Who knows, maybe Cross Country would be more amenable to have their identity in TSW.

42. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware the license wouldn't be game-specific, so losing XC would lose it for everything DTG makes.

• Like Like x 1
  43. thomashill03

thomashill03 Member

"Expect more "north of the thames" and "not third rail" to be on the plan going forwards, starting with Birmingham Cross City!"

A quote from DTG Matt in another thread. So somewhere North of London is where we need to look.

• Like Like x 2
  44. theorganist

Ah okay I wasn't sure, thanks.

45. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Well that narrows it down to about 90% of the UK. ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  46. Iskra1

Iskra1 Member

Hallelujah

• Like Like x 1
  47. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

The South Humberside main line from Doncaster to Cleethorpes with a Class 185 and a Class 66 would be about the right length and fit the code.

Would love to see it too.

48. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Oh nice, more modern north stuff. Still holding out hope for a Hull-Scarborough line…

49. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Ooh that’s a good suggestion. It seems quite possible indeed that we’re getting Northern (since it’s a DFT-owned property it shouldn’t be too hard to get the license for) which will be invaluable to the game as they dominate quite a bit of non-London England.

50. OldVern

TVL suffered from being too short. Should really have gone on to Boulby or Bishop Auckland, even down to Northallerton on the ECML or part of the Durham Coast line.

I still think diesel hydraulic needs to be more specific - i.e. loco or DMU.

• Like Like x 2