New Title Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elarthur, May 19, 2022.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

As a big enthusiast, perhaps even a bit of a historian, I would like to suggest a new sim title, something like...Bygone Rail Routes.
    I am aware that TSW2 is keeping the DTG team very busy along with other titles already in production, however the reasoning behind this suggestion is to perhaps bring long gone routes to life. Although my suggestion is not entirely UK specific, the Beeching Axe of the 1960s saw a massive amount of route miles to be cut from the UK network. To this end, there are many locations to which train travel/operation is no longer possible in real life so my thought is.. why not recreate them digitally.
    I would like to see other members opinions and look forward to your lively discussions.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just made a similar comment to this one in another post.
    I wonder if it's possible to change or have dynamic speed limits on the routes. If so then you could have DLC of preserved railways which by changing the line speed become "running lines". With the introduction of steam to the game this would mean you could run diesel and steam gala days in one timetable, and a steam running timetable in another within the same route DLC

Given many preserved routes are "preserved as they were back in the day" you wouldn't necessarily need to make too much change to the scenic assets so I guess it's only lineside buildings which might break the immersion...

• Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Of course you make some interesting points, however my focus was on the lines that weren't so fortunate as to be preserved and as of today no longer exist with many being built over with housing and industrial premises. One that I mention often (possibly to the point of annoyance) is the line from West Drayton to both Staines West and to Uxbridge Vine Street along with various others.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Of course there are many lines which got completely removed that could be built. My example would be the line down to Gravesend West for which the the bridge was only removed a few years ago, but they've left the height warning sign in place!

But for those wanting a bit more longevity value, it's a possibility to use preserved +

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The long gone routes could just be made for TSW, there’s no need for a separate game. That way any of the trains can be used on any route you already have. That wouldn’t be possible if the two things, old and not so old, were separated.

• Like Like x 2