New To Ts20xx

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twiggy#9635, Apr 15, 2022.

1. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Hi, as you can tell by the title I am new to TSxx and am currently wondering what to get. More specifically, I’m wondering what Network Southeast content is the best for me to buy. I have the AP 321 which has a NSE reskin, but if there’s anything else that anyone would recommend so I can get a good NSE collection, including routes to run them on, please let me know :)

2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The AP Class 411 on the Chatham Main Line is great fun. There's a few NSE scenarios for those two kicking around as well.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Have a look at the Great British Railway Journeys bundle- £25 for five routes (typically half that if you wait for a sale) is pretty good VFM even if you're only interested in two or three. The routes are Chatham and Medway, ECML: London-Peterborough, the newer version of Portsmouth Direct, Settle-Carlisle, and GEML of which all but the S&C must have seen some NSE traffic. I have the last three and like them all and had a few hours in Chatham/Medway a few years ago when you could try it for free and liked what I saw. I'll get the bundle one day just to get the other two routes.

4. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

As JJTimothy said routes in the SE region will probably have had NSE at some point. As for Trains I'd suggest taking a look around and seeing what you like the look of.