New Xbox

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cheesypuff2, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

So we know the series X will be backwards compatible from day one for all xbox one games and therefore we will see some improvements to the game just from using a series x console for example better load times.

The real question is how will the game be further marketed? Will it just be a case of updating the game to be a series x version and then follow the same pattern orlf dlc release as it does currently? Or will there be a new version of the game taking full advantage of the series x capabilities do your reckon? This would mean switching back and forth between games for routes though.

What are your thoughts on how train sim will transfer to the series x?

2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think it will be seamless. The developers don't need to do anything, let alone releasing a brand new game for Series X. We will be able to play just as we play now, only with super smooth framerate. Think of it as when you upgrade your PC. You don't need a new game for it, you can continue playing with your existing title. Since TSW uses unlocked framerate the Series X will easily max it out at 60 fps.

Now, what the developers can do is to upgrade the game for the Series X, namely increasing texture resolution, graphics settings and screen resolution. As powerful as the Series X will be, I'm sure it will be able to run the game at max settings and 60 fps, possibly at 4K. It's just a matter of an update to do so. Until that update arrives we'll be able to enjoy the smooth framerate and fast loading times from day one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'd say its addition to gamepass is a hopeful sign for Series X optimization. On the other hand they haven't ever done a PS4Pro/X1X optimization, so who knows. I have to think the major CPU upgrade will improve performance whether they patch it or not. Can't wait for Series X, generally speaking, it's gonna be a beast.

4. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

They never made an X/Pro patch because the enhanced consoles couldn't do much either. It has been said that their CPUs are essentially the same, which is true, and this game is extremely CPU-heavy. It would be useless to increase resolution when these consoles can barely handle the game even in its current form. The next generation will be completely different, though. The Series X's CPU will be around 4 times faster than the current Jaguar CPUs, not to mention the monstrous 12 TF GPU, and more and much faster memory and storage. It will be not only viable but also a no-brainer to upgrade the game for the next consoles. I'm sure they will do it. If not this year, next year for sure.

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Well for me on an original xbox my game will usually run at 30fps so hopefully they can bring the speed up and still have stable performance with the x series and like wise for ps5