PlayStation New York : Amtrak/acs-64 And The Brakes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Everett, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Everett

Everett New Member

I started playing this game using the Great Western locomotives and the routes. I enjoyed this a lot.
    I decided to change things up and try the New York route. Obviously, the trains are completely different from those of the Great Western and I am just getting my feet wet - and the braking system has me befuddled.

There are two types of brakes available and each time I run the first simple scenario I overshoot severely even when I have my speed way low - because I'm not using the brakes correctly or am not using the correct type of brake correctly or probably for both reasons!

It's great that GW and NY are so different in the trains and routes (that sounds so obvious) and the experience is so different. Getting competent at each train is an accomplishment.

Can anyone offer any help with for my braking troubles?

2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

press the square button then you can change what brakes to use, and remember everytime you get out of the cab the brakes change to default so always remember to press the square button to check what brakes are being used

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Everett

Everett New Member

That will help a lot.
    I've run that scenario five times and it keeps getting the best of me.
    Thanks for the help!