Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ron.vale, Aug 12, 2020.

1. ron.vale

ron.vale New Member

Enjoying the downloads

BUT

Why do all the scenarios shut down after about 10mins
    And
    Steam Loco driving Must i keep feeding the boiler, and how do i do it

On screen instructions are vague

Thanks

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Hi, In answer to your first question. Is your PC up to minimum spec required? When you say it shuts down do you get an error report?
    Steam locos require a lot of learning and practice, there are guides on the Steam forum.
    If you are new to TS I suggest you start with Quick Drive to get a feel for the sim.

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

You can set the automatic fireman in settings, that will take over the filling of the boiler and the shovelling coal and various other functions. It isn't always the most efficient though and maybe not as immersive. I have only just started learning how to fire myself and I have been using the sim for 12 years.

4. ron.vale

ron.vale New Member

Hello Cat and thanks fro replying

No error message at all in all the drives after about 10-15 mins it just grinds to a halt i dont touch any controls at all!!

Organist

Will search that out in settings Thanks

I do miss the old printed manuals

5. theorganist

Do you mean the locomotive grinds to a halt? If so then you might be running out of water or not making enough steam?

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Any chance you could tell us what routes and locos you are using? It would help narrow down the answer to your 1st question.

7. ron.vale

ron.vale New Member

Blacknred

At the moment i an running Tornado on the Bournemouth-Soton run
    i have selected the auto fireman, thanks to whoever recommended that,. now here is the weird thing
    I get to about 3 miles from Southampton and the brake goes 100% on. As far as i can see there were no SPADS. But i release it with the yellow/black stripes and get on my way
    That leaves the next problem
    I drive steam locos in miniature and if you get wheelslip you shut the regulator and let it subside. only this prog doesn't and the wheelslip advice comes up even with the reg reg shut, reverser at 0, and brakes at 100%
    Not prototypical at all!

Lastly i got an operational error fot not stopping at Bournemouth. the first time i thought it was because i departed before time 10.44. but still got it even departing after 10.44.the reason was not stopping at Bournemouth
    Any thoughts?

8. theorganist

If your brake goes 100% on and you are getting the yellow and black stripes that means you are have gone over an AWS ramp for either an amber or red signal or a speed reduction warning and not cancelled the AWS.

9. ron.vale

ron.vale New Member

OK just did thr run again and all ok, still got the yellow peril but cleared it. However the wheelslip still bugs me

Why does it insist i have it when reg is shut and brakes at 100% in theory?

but i think i am getting there slowly lol