Next British Route (speculation)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by UnlimitedMagic, Feb 15, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For me it is the late 70's and 80's I really like. When they did the GWE I was so stoked that they did it but was let down they only did half of it as the route should go into South Wales.

I like the Bakerloo and wouldn't mind the District line - Edgware Road to Wimbledon. I also like the IOW. For a new British Route I'm pretty easy, Devon-Bristol, East Anglia, Manchester, Leeds, South Wales - Bristol, Carlisle, Newcastle, Lincoln. I just hope it gives the route justice.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I will be interested to see what direction DTG take with the next British route. I remember Matt saying on a stream a couple of years ago that 'we try and make each new route a different experience from the last'. What made this stick with me is that we haven't really seen that. We got two very similar historic routes back-to-back with Northern Trans Pennine and Tees Valley, and then four 3rd rail routes in a row with East Coastway, Bakerloo, Isle of Wight and Southeastern (in Bakerloo's case a third and fourth rail). Personally I don't have anything against any of these routes; individually they are all excellent choices, but if you aren't into say, historic routes or modern southeast England based routes, then I can imagine you would be quite alienated by the lack of variety.

It would make sense if DTG go for an AC overhead line for their next route such as one of the East coast or West coast mainline but I have a feeling that due to licensing issues it may be a historic one, whatever it is.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I imagine that pertained to subsequent DLC, so if a UK diesel 70’s era route came out, the next would be a modern German route, but that’s how they got stuck in the cycle of all German content being the same and all UK content being older diesel stock.

Now all UK content seems to be focused on the south, resulting in very little variation in rolling stock because of how dominant the Electrostars are in that region, and the mass laying of Third Rail, even the 465 is just a 166 but powered by electric rather than diesel, obviously it’s more complex and the experience will be somewhat different, but it’s just not different enough.

Look at the upcoming GWR pack, it’s another southern based content pack that doesn’t have new units to experience, it’s hard to believe that DTG have ran out of reference material for new units already.

Hopefully the new roadmaps will show us something different for the UK & even Germany, however I’m concerned that one of the next UK routes will be London - Brighton due to how many times it gets posted in suggestions, if it is I will have to pass because I’m not interested in another electrostar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

HS2 and HS3. Too vague? :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get away from London I agree although I wouldn't mind another tube route. Didcot Parkway to Birmingham would be interesting, Didcot to South Wales is another. Or even around Manchester.

6. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Something retro for the UK would be great, a Scottish route, West Highland or perhaps Stirling to Glasgow Queen street in the 80s (Or E & G).

• Like Like x 2