Next Route Purchase : Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by simulaw, Jan 31, 2021.

?
  1. Hauptstrecke Munchen - Augsbeeg

2. LGV Mediterranee: Marseille - Avignon

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. simulaw

simulaw New Member

Evening all, I'm fairly new to TSW2, but over the last few weeks, I've started playing and managed to pick up all British DLC beside a few others and will obviously be getting SEE.
    I've just got two more TSW2 and 4 more Preserved routes to get.

I'm working my way through reviewing each British Route first, before an eventual "Best British Route DLC" article.
    Once they're done, I'll be moving on to the other countries, and an overview of all route dlc.

(If anyone wants to see the articles up so far for TSW2, Isle of Wight, West Somerset and Great Western (working on NTP next),
    You can find them here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Given just the two choices, HMA has a LOT more variety and interest. LGV basically is hauling ass down the line with one fast train, and not much else.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I always advice not to buy Munich-Augsburg until the layers are added. In my opinion, especially if you have already routes such as Main Spessart and Rhein Ruhr Osten, HMA offers very little value for money, especially considering that Köln-Aachen has much more services and variety and is part of the core game.

I'd say if you want more German content you should (IMO) prioritise MSB, RRO/RSN (RRO adds a lot of freights everywhere and RSN is the base for a lot of loco DLCs) and HRR in this order, and then wait for the layers or for the possible use of the BR423 on SKA to buy HMA.

LGV is good, especially after the many fixes that will come out with the next update, and it still is fun to do a run from time to time even if I completed ~30 services already, but other people got bored pretty quickly. I'd say if you enjoyed the ICE 3 services on SKA than you will probabily like LGV as well.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

How can we vote for the LGV?
    Being French, I am very disappointed with some poorly reproduced features
    Catenaries in Marseille, missing security systems, little IA traffic, empty stations, with passengers and trains on the platforms).
    Inconsistent textures, roads in the middle of the fields, and an endless number of sound problems, as we are used to in this damn tsw2. Munchen Augsburg is at least worth having the passage, and you do not drive from one end to the other endlessly because if you want the sbahn is there.

5. simulaw

simulaw New Member

Thanks guys,
    These are the only non-preserved routes I haven't got, hence the limited choice.

Once I've got both, I'll probably do another poll for the 4 Preserved routes I haven't yet got.

Country isn't important for me, I'm British so concentrated on this first,
    But it's just a case of picking up all the DLC in the next month or so, and wanting some guidance on which to go for next.

• Like Like x 1