Nice Graphical Touches You've Noticed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SaddingtonPlush, Jul 15, 2020.

1. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

Just having completed the "Sand Patch Sunrise" scenario, as I was carefully keeping below the speed limit I had time to look around, and I noticed that the telegraph poles by the tracks were not uniformly placed. They had various leans and different angles, much like real life ones.

This doesn't sound like a big deal, but in so many other sims every single pole is perfectly the same, perfectly perpendicular and regular. The human eye is pleased by slight irregularity, compared to perfect symmetry, at least in these cases. I thought it was interesting that someone put time into thinking: hey, these poles are never all perfectly placed or vertical in real life, so let's do that. Props to those in the dev team that take this level of care with the world.

What things have you noticed in the scenery that are similar nice touches?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The wind turbines only move when wind is selected in the weather settings.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Just have look at the flowers and the grass. In WSR if you are close enough, you can hear the semaphore signals move. It's rather useless but awesome at the same time if you take the time have a very close look at there details. Did you see the awesome details in buildings at GWE? It looks so good.

• Like Like x 3