Train Sim World 3 Night Headlights Not Working

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Nairam, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Nairam

Nairam New Member

CB8BC8CD-6770-4309-82E0-C303914914E4.jpeg BR185
    Fix the headlights!!! in nights run can’t see s..t!
    And the sound inside the cabin!! Oh my god like a freaking strange high pitched cricket!
    Look at the headlights, must be a glitch. Mine is the one with just 2 headlights… WTF!?!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Most locos in TSW have poor headlights though it should be noted in some cases this is realistic - the lights are for the approaching train to be seen not for the driver to spot obstructions etc. on the track.

3. Nairam

Nairam New Member

Something is off…Look at the photo.

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

You're suppose to change the headlight settings from taillights to headlights and that cricket sound exists in the real 185

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nairam

Nairam New Member

Yes I just got it 15 seconds ago! Now I like the game again :)

6. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

That cricket sound is definitely buggy! It's so unrealistically loud! If you listen to real recordings of the 185, the cricket sound is a fine detail you can hear, if listen closely:
    Not like it's double as loud as the engine on full power.

There is a mid-frequency electric sound to it, but nothing near that ear cancer in the current game. But, I remember the BR185, where that issue was not there, the bug came in with TSW2.

And you can't hear the sound on the outside much less inside other locos 20 meters away...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well then lets ping Maik Goltz and see what he says as its his job with for the 185's if i'm not wrong

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

He's mentioned way before that the buzzing is realistic. But then people complained for it being annoying rather than realistic lol

9. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

I did some testing on all 185 versions, I have in the game and found the following:
    The 185.2 from Main-Spessart doesn't have the buzzing noise in standstill, only very slightly while driving. (Witch I like)
    The 185 DB from Kassel-Würzburg, 185.6 Railpool and 185.5 MRCE from Dresden are very similar with the buzzing noise levels. The Railpool seems a bit louder compared to the acceleration sounds.
    And then there is the 185.5 MRCE from Rhein-Ruhr Osten (witch the random spawn gives me every time possible, it seems). The buzzing is very lound because it is actually there twice. One starts when the circuite breaker is closed and the other one is just there constanly even with the loco turned off completely.
    Another issue with the 185.5 MRCE is, that if you near one of these locos you will also hear the buzzing in your train no matter what you are driving yourself. It's only happening withe the black ones (MRCE), but I don't know if it's with both or only the Rhein-Ruhr Osten version. I guess this could be caused by this second permanent buzzing described above. It seems that the spatialization is broken. But this second sound shouldn't be there anyway.
    If that could be fixed, it would be great.
    Feel free to confirm this.