Nj Transit/metro North Port Jervis/bergen Line

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Meeper5, Jul 5, 2018.

?
  1. yes

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

In Hoboken, NJ this line travels north up the NJT Bergen line till Suffern, NY from there Metro North owns the line till Port Jervis, NY on the way to Port Jervis the line crosses the Moodna Viaduct, a bridge that is over 100 years old right next to Salisbury Mills/Cornwall station

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Meeper5

4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I think that the eventual plan is to bring it to Port Jervis in due course. Some of the areas around Hoboken are a bit lacking in detail, yes, but as you go north the quality gets better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I had the Workshop version of this route at one point. It looked horrible and it caused a dump crash every time I went to drive on it. Sometimes it was only about 30 seconds into driving too. I'd still rather have DTG make the LIRR or the Hudson Line, but this is a good suggestion for another NJT route. There needs to be more American commuter routes. All these mountain passes are getting old.

• Like Like x 5
  6. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

That is already being made on the steam workshop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Meeper5

Look at the comments above

8. Meeper5

Very true I’m always wanting to drive on Stevens pass since it has all the mountins but when do it get board

9. John Murphy

I find Donner to be the most boring of the mountain pass routes. Sherman Hill isn't one for scenery either. Stevens Pass is good and Feather River Canyon is good, but it's like come on. Enough mountain passes. We want some commuter routes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

It seems that they find doing mountainous routes simpler ones because it's much easier to just plop hills and trees than to place roads and buildings. Hence why there are more of those than commuter based routes. I agree it sucks because though I do like variety, I'm more of a commuter guy.

As for the lack of detail in the Workshop version of the route. I'm not sure what version of the route you guys are playing, but that route is beautifully and heavily detailed. And while I do also get the dump file as well. That, I believe is partly due to the game itself, as well as the number of resources the route uses. I hope there is a fix for it somehow. And I don't think you'll get a more detailed version out of DTG, to be honest. Though if they do it (which is doubtful), it will hopefully be easier performance wise.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

C&O 614 would go well with the Port Jervis line... oh well.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  12. John Murphy

Yeah, I mean you can only drive at 25 mph through the woods for 3 or 4 hours so many times. Yeah they have their highlights like the Cascade Tunnel etc, but the time it takes to get to those highlights is just plain tedious.

• Like Like x 1