PlayStation No Cars On Old Dlcs, What Is Goin On?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Aug 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Like i see after the big update there is no cars around in some DLCs, for example RUHR-SIEG NORD,
    WEST SOMERSET RAILWAY....So what is going on? They fix the graphics a little but they didnt added things like that to all DLCS???

Can someone explain please....

2. idiosis

idiosis Member

Yeah I really hope they give RSN, WSR & TVL a second pass at some point to smooth some of the rough edges off.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Each DLC is a distinct product so for them to add traffic to each route they would have to update each route with code appropriate to THAT route, and then check for bugs. The fix they've applied to the other routes may or may not work properly on the routes you've mentioned so a few possibilities:

a> The fix they created for the other routes doesn't work at all on WSR etc
    b> They work, but have glitches like flying cars or whatever
    c> They ran out of time and didn't get round to those routes yet

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

d> They only updated the routes that are bundled in the 2020 package. So far.

We've been waiting for those since the 1960s. :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

There is always someone who is not happy.
    I think they did update the most popular routes and added them to the bundle. As for other routes, I would not hold my breath.
    They did say that they will look into RSN and NEC thou at some point in the future.
    As for WSR and TVL, I don't think they were popular enough to deserve any attention.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Surely if they are distinct products they cannot be DLC..? Not that it matters really.. ;/

7. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Sure like that so why they sold them??? For me im dissapointed in some way, i bought them back in time for regular price and now i see that they working on new and new and new dlcs but still selling locos for them...It's not fair at all, if you updating a game you have to update everything not just some parts. I think im right, plus first time i see a game costs so much, with all that addons and things. I mean i love it but you know looks like they didn't pay attention for all the fans. And they continue to make new dlcs..... :(:(:(

8. ARuscoe

DLC just means downloadable content... So yes they can be
    In TSW the DLC ARE the content

9. ARuscoe

DLCs ARE the game so each is individual. The TSW engine is just that, a front end and engine. The DLC have all the content

10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

If they are individual, then hopefully at some point DTG might update their version of UE for the next standalone DLC. Anyway, long story short Im one of those customers who stopped buying stuff after NTP because the immersion factor is lacking for me. Compared to TS2019 with its sounds, trackir, headsway and overall implementation, from a purely personal perspective I cant feel good about chucking more money at it. I had hoped that TSW2020 might have been that moment hence my reappearance on the forum but just reading through it seems like nothing has been fundamentally fixed- GWE was my go to route but issues there with signals, shadows, sounds, reflections have meant that the immersion factor is just lacking a bit.
    Theres no need to feel the need to defend DTG- its a personal perspective and at some point if they offer what Im after then I'll buy it. Until then the money stays in my account and I play other games to unwind :)
    I appreciate the feedback I see on the forums (generally where its informative and relatively free from bias) and I enjoy railways as a hobby so just because I might be holding off I hope to remain engaged. So I do appreciate the enthusiasm I see here :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2019
  11. ARuscoe

TSW was a front end revamp... Look to the fixlogs. Some good updates along with TSW2020, but obviously not all you were hoping for

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Ill have a read in more detail over my morning cuppa :)

13. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I still struggle to see why people are so funny about features that were never in the game and are still not.

It's a simulation game on PS4, not a high end PC. it is also the early days for the game and it's development.

I think DTG have done a cracking job to bring this to consoles and fix issues whilst still improving new content vastly.

I would love to see certain things improved in the likes of GWE, but it hasn't got any worse over time, so can't complain.

I would love to see many things which may never be in the game, PS VR support would be the most incredible thing. - does it need these things in the older content? Not really. Is it a great game? Absolutely.

Does the lack of cars in a train simulator game spoil it? Hardly!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Ahh, I missed that this was in the PS4 section. Genuine mistake. Im on PC and some of the issues like rain noise inside Paddington in the 166, sunlight reflections through the cab back walls, shadows popping in close range around the player etc have sadly been with us since birth. Was hoping for some movement with the TSW2020 re-release but I guess my wait continues. I shall slink back to the shadowy PC section..
    Edit- and I even managed to post this in the wrong thread!! Ahh dearie me :( Apologies folks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2