North American Content: 2021

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Challenger3985, Sep 7, 2021.

1. dr1980

dr1980 Member

Would definitely love to see a Canadian passenger route. GO Transit (Metrolinx) often has social media posts about what it’s like to be an engineer for them and they do take efforts to make it look really cool as a recruitment tool, so I’d have to think they’d be receptive to licensing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

YES! I mentioned in another thread that I cry a little whenever I play Oakville Subdivision and see all the completely deserted GO stations.

GO would be a good one because they could probably use some of the assets and station work that they did in Oakville sub... just adding GO to that route wouldn't be great though unless they continue it to Union Station so it would need a bit more work. They also have the Baby Bullet and the Bombardier bi-levels from Caltrain that they could use as a starting point for GO equipment... not the exact same specs but would make it easier than starting from scratch.

Licensing might be the hold up because even in Oakville, there are GO ticket machines at the stations but if you look close the Presto wording is removed and the GO logo is 2 green circles instead of the real logo.

Another cool would be Montreal area mix of commuter (Exo) and freight traffic/CN/CP/Via.

Via itself might be a bit harder to do since most of their runs even in the corridor are a lot longer than what TSW typically models and their rolling stock hasn't been made in TSW yet with the exception of some similar F40s.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s the Hsp46 locomotive for the MBta commuter rail.

4. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Also funnily enough the stuff that would actually make sense to be totally mixed up across the freight expansions, the freight cars, don't cross over. So SPG is all CSX entirely for the freight cars... but has unrealistic power units like the Clinchfield loco.

The only one that seems to do a good job with mixing up freight cars is Oakville... when I play it after installing all the others I see a nice mix of CN cars along with CSX, and noticed some UP auto racks after I installed the UP expansions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dr1980

dr1980 Member

That’s true, Toronto-Montreal or Windsor would be well beyond the length they could do (or are willing to do). If Oakville Sub was extended to Union that would at least provide a VIA route that has logical end points at Union and Aldershot…kind of like what they did on the Boston route.

One can dream! I lived in Port Credit as a kid so Oakville Sub is so tantalizingly close to where my childhood love of trains began.

6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

One of my biggest pet-peeves about the North American content. Not sure why they can't replicate the way it works on Oakville on the other NA routes.

7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Because substitution doesn't substitute the weight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Ah, well that explains it then.

9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Jan. 5th News:
    This will be the last news posted on this thread until the next Roadmap, where I'll be making a new one for 2022 onwards.

Until then, Achievements for Horseshoe Curve is now seen on Steam DB. Meaning, this route is closer to being release soon for the new year (whether it's this month or the next).

• Like Like x 2