North American Headlight Brightness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jtennysonb, Oct 24, 2020.

1. jtennysonb

jtennysonb New Member

I play TSW2 on Xbox, and I've always noticed that the headlights on all North American locomotives need to be brighter.

I'm not sure how bright headlights are on European locomotives, but I do know that modern North American locomotives have extremely bright headlights. I am unaware as to whether or not the headlight brightness on the Xbox is limited to the performance of the system, or if the headlight brightness differs from system to system. From my experience in the game, the headlights do little towards lighting up the track and right-of-way ahead.

There is not much other information I can think of providing on this subject. Headlight brightness seems like a basic thing for such a game as TSW, considering one of its biggest boasts is being so visually pleasing. That said, I suppose the headlight brightness is probably limited by Unreal Engine 4 to some degree, although I doubt it is limited this much. I don't want to be rude, but from the looks of things, it doesn't seem like anyone at Dovetail has ever experienced night-time railroading in North America.

The immersion and authenticity of TSW would be greatly improved if the headlight brightness was accurate to that of real-life.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

If I had a nickel for me suggesting that too. I suggested doing that too but there may be limits to the game engine