North Norfolk Railway - Including The Bittern Line To Cromer

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by Traction Studios, Apr 24, 2021.

?
  1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. Not really...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Traction Studios

Traction Studios Member

Good Morning All.

One of several projects I shall be posting here to showcase is my Upcoming North Norfolk Railway route, Made in Partnership with Wandering 1500 and SteamingThroughYorkshire. This line has been built completely from scratch, Giving users another option past the very old JT NNR (Which dates from 2012). There are several Non-Steam requirements, so the route cannot go on the workshop. It will be hosted on my website when it is released, Due Summer 2021.

The North Norfolk Railway is a 5 1/2 mile heritage line which runs from Sheringham - Holt in the UK. It has 3 Stations, with one request stop. It is Single line, with a max speed of 25mph, in line with all other heritage routes.

The lines is home to quite a number of unique steam locomotives, including two sole survivors from the Great Eastern Railway.

The line is split into Two sections, The Heritage North Norfolk and then the Adjoining National Rail "Bittern Line" To Cromer, another 3 1/2 miles away. This route has never been available in the Simulator.

Attached are screenshots of how the route looks now. It is nearing completion. The majority of scenery from Sheringham To holt was done by Wandering1500, with the majority of scenery done between Sheringham and Cromer done by myself. SteamingThroughYorkshire is tackling town scenery around cromer and Sheringham.

Feedback and comments are much appreciated, we look forward to sharing this with you!
    20210407133238_1.jpg 20210419204245_1.jpg
    unknown-3.png 20201217233827_1.jpg 20201219113807_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Very nice, although I would move those weed foliage assets from the second screenshot further away from the track and lower them so it doesn't look too overgrown. Also the lineside 3D bushes in the same screenshot look a little repetitive so maybe space them out more and add more varieties, also lower them a little so you see more distant scenery from the cab. Otherwise fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Route looks fantastic so far well done! Love the poppy field as well. Look forward to see the release.

• Like Like x 1