Northeast Corridor (boston - New Haven)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kdogw0084, Mar 21, 2022.

?
  1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kdogw0084

Kdogw0084 New Member

(I've just realized I accidentally posted this forum in TSW 2, I'm meant to post it in TS2022!)

"The Boston Sprinter has recently just came out about 7 months ago when this forum was posted. So why do we need another Boston route?" Some may ask.

Well, Boston - New Haven has been discussed and suggested numerous times for Train Simulator, but the Boston - New Haven idea is slowly dying. So I'm trying to bring it back to life.

As most of us NEC fans know, Boston - New Haven is the fastest stretch of the NEC, with speeds going up to 150 MPH on the well-known Acela Express in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and most of us has been wanting to drive the Acela Express at full speed. But that isn't the only reason why most of us would want it. Boston - New Haven also features the Northeast Regional of course, which is the only train service that stops at other stations between the Wickford Junction MBTA Commuter Rail station and New Haven.
    Then it's the MBTA Commuter Rail, Boston - New Haven means operating the MBTA Providence/Stoughton line down to Wickford Junction in Rhode Island, which wasn't included in the Boston Sprinter.

Now there is already a Boston - New Haven map on Train Simulator made by cActUsjUiCe as we all know. But it would be better to see an official Boston - New Haven map in my opinion.

New Haven - Boston Rolling Stock

[​IMG]
    This Platypus (Avelia Liberty) will replace the current Acela Express train fleet in the future and is scheduled to enter service in 2022, which is this year. So if the Boston - New Haven ever gets added, we can see this in Train Simulator.

[​IMG]
    The Siemens ACS-64 runs the Northeast Regional as we should all know.

[​IMG]
    The HSP-46 runs the MBTA Commuter Rail, along with the F40PH-3C which is already in the Boston Sprinter, and the GP40MC (The oldest locomotive on the MBTA Commuter Rail)

What's The Purpose?

Boston - New Haven is very popular because of its very high speeds in my opinion, and has been talked about since the release of New Haven - New York. So it's about time we get the final northern & fastest stretch of the NEC. Boston - New Haven can also bring 2-Hours of driving from Boston - New Haven on both Acela Express, and Northeast Regional, and almost 2 hours on the MBTA Commuter Rail from Boston - Wickford Junction (North Kingstown, RI).

• Like Like x 5
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Yes to the Avelia Liberty consist. Older DLC locos could include an HHP-8, AEM-7, E60, and Acela Express consist.

3. Snivy Films

Snivy Films New Member

I would love to see the Northeast Corridor from Boston to New Haven officially made.

The Avelia Liberty would be the main draw for me, but there would be a lot of consists to pick from, which I will list off, and attach pictures I have, if possible, all pictures attached from me is my own work.
    Avelia Liberty (New Acela Express)
    Acela Express (Current Acela Express) IMG_1835.jpg

ACS-64
    2EBA9797-7D66-46BC-B493-4A6ADC199177.jpg

HHP-8
    AEM-7
    P42 in Amtrak Livery (left) IMG_0402.jpg

P-40 in Amtrak Livery (Same image as above, the only difference is slightly less horsepower)
    P-40 in Ex-Amtrak Livery (Amtrak logo removed, replaced with ConnDOT Shoreline East Logo)
    GP-38 in New Haven Railroad Livery (used with Shoreline East)
    GP-38 in ConnDOT Shoreline East Livery
    Shoreline East Cab car (Image taken at night, I'll look through to find a better image and edit it)
    764F6BDC-5799-4640-852D-A8F88468A926.jpg
    SD70 in Providence & Worcester Livery
    GP-38 in Providence & Worcester Livery
    Dash 8 in Amtrak Livery
    SW1000R in Amtrak Livery (File is too big, can't upload it, D:)
    Amtrak Metroliner Cab Car B2FF3FE2-8C89-4D2F-BE02-72FC642FEA27.jpg

There's a lot of opportunities to add a lot of rolling stock to this route (or make it DLC) and refresh older DLC consists like the AEM-7. A solid +1 from me

• Like Like x 1
  4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

The only issue would really be length, but it's definitely something that can be attempted.
    In the past it was given a try by developer cActUsjUiCe in 2016, but due to issues with the somewhat unstable route editor, the project has ceased development. I've had issues as of late trying to make the Long Island Railroad, especially in areas where complex trackwork will corrupt over time (LIRR's Jamaica station and surrounding trackage).

5. richiemo

richiemo New Member

I really like this idea. This way, you could do an entire Philly to Boston run, even if it meant having to restart the sim a few times. I do this route often in real life. And it's a beautiful route, especially the part along the southern Connecticut shore. I really think this is a must

• Like Like x 2
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and furthermore Avelia Liberty has a switch Tilt off max speed 320 kmh 200 mph Tilt on Max Speed 300 kmh 185 mph although NEC has a Maximum Speed of 25-260 kmh (15-160 mph). For Boston New Haven it is 160-260 kmh (100-160 mph). Give Avelia Liberty Scenarios on NEC Baltimore to DC if both are owned.

7. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love to see this done. I REALLY was hoping to see this done when it was first attempted by cActUsjUiCe. When worked on it ceased, I was quite disappointed, but understood the decision. Would really be awesome if DTG ever took a crack at it.

However, knowing the track and signal work would of course be delegated to him, the amount of trackage would be similar to the TSW version, considering the time spent with the previous efforts.
    But I'm 100% behind this.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

This would be great!

9. Joey1997

Joey1997 Member

That will be awesome! And please add MBTA Rotem Bi-Levels with the HSP-46!