Northeast Corridor Extension Proposal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LativaBoy, Apr 30, 2019.

1. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

Last year, the Northeast Corridor was brought to Train Sim World. While it is a nice route, I find it a bit lacking considering it only stretches from New Rochelle to Newark, thus I propose for an extension for the route.

Now I know that the NEC is a huge route and it cant all fit into one route for TSW, so here are some possible extensions. If the route were to extend north, I would say it would go up as far as New Haven much like the NEC route in Train Simulator. If the route were to extend south, it could go as far as Trenton or maybe even Philadelphia.
    [​IMG]
    Map of the Northeast Corridor (red: Amtrak, blue: commuter service)
    With possible extensions like the ones I've proposed, this can also make way for Acela Express services. When looking at the my proposed extensions, there are a few stops that the Acela Express makes. Those stops are New Haven, Stamford, New York Penn, Newark Penn, Metropark, Trenton, and Philadelphia.
    [​IMG]
    Acela Express
    I hope you all enjoyed this little proposal I made, see y'all next time :)

• Like Like x 19
  2. mainemanman

mainemanman New Member

Yes, I suggested something similar. I think that, if possible, the NEC map should be Trenton-New Haven. That would allow 2 commuter railroads plus both the Amtrak NE Regional and Acela.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

For freight, the extension needs a CSX Genset and maybe an ET44AH, ES44AH, or SD80MAC.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Awesome

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if you are aware of this, but I’m part of a group called Northeast Corridor Simulator Development. We will be building the entire NEC when the editor is released.

• Like Like x 4
  6. mainemanman

mainemanman New Member

That's great if you're on PC, but Dovetail should do this officially to appeal to both people who don't involve with mods and console players. It would widen the market and allow them to profit off of it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

That's not actually true. There's no limit on route size, it's just a matter of how long it would take to develop compared to the price they could sell it for.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

Yes at least to another mojar city. And the Acela Express.

• Like Like x 1