Northeast Corridor New York-philadelphia

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Jun 26, 2022.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I'm finally back with yet another route suggestion video. Today we shall be talking about the Northeast Corridor, specifically the section between New York and Philadelphia. This is my favorite part of the entire route and has the potential of being one of the best US routes within the game. I hope you all enjoy this suggestion! (Also apologies if my voice is too quiet)

Video:

Yes I know DTG doesn't have a SEPTA license, yes I know the route is 90 miles yada yada yada

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Me being an American, this route would be a great route. There's a lot of potential and variety on this route and has some iconic trains that I would like to see in tsw especially the aem7 and the hhp8. I also like the alps and some of the other looking older stock. Having septa would be cool even though there's licensing issues but we might get a surprise or I can hope right? Unless they do the whole 90 miles then I'm not interested since the acela like you said only makes a stop at Philadelphia and making it stop somewhere in the middle isn't realistic

3. CrazyDash

Well here's the thing. You could technically end the route in Trenton, I'd be totally cool with that, but it's not realistic. Only a couple acelas stop at Trenton. Most skip it, however.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Still better than nothing. Any part of the route I'm fine as long as there's stuff to do lol and they eventually bring the whole nec to tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainmasteraiden

trainmasteraiden Active Member

It could be NJT F40PH-2CAT And MTA GP40PH F40PH-2CAT

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely like your video and if I were you I might as well make Avelia Liberty the High Speed Train here if Rush hour Train pack downloadable content does happen since it has Acela Express

7. trombonemike#6967

trombonemike#6967 New Member

I love this route idea! It has a lot of potential to be the best TSW route in my opinion, and has lots of services available to operate given the number of trains that pass over the corridor. I like the variety of trains that could be operated on the route ranging from commuter to high speed trains. I would definitely buy this route. Amtrak shouldn't be a problem with licensing but lets hope that DTG can get licenses from NJT and SEPTA so this can happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

NJT already granted DTG permission for the Livery Editor, they probably have no problems with a route being represented in TSW2. (Not to mention they have content on TSC).

9. CrazyDash

Exactly. Personally I don’t think this route would be ruined without SEPTA trains. It mostly just adds more variety to the overall route with more EMU traffic. But NJT is an absolute must

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and if you want to make NEC NY Penn 30th Street Busy on the Newark Penn to NY Penn section via Secaucus Junction Park & Ride UK Terminology Parkway Station. ALP-45DP is needed for that since it runs both RVL my suggestion and NJCL Trains from Bay Head. At Newark Airport Station NJCL Amtrak NJ Transit Trenton to NY Penn Trains via New Brunswick they get held for a Raritan Valley Train from High Bridge/Raritan to Newark Penn & NY Penn since it has the Right of Way first then go after the RVL Train. You can check my signature for the Raritan Valley Line since it shares NJCL Diesel Stock used for Long Branch Bay Head Shuttles.

11. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see this route be the brand new mystery US dlc Route that is on the RoadMap.

• Like Like x 1