Northern Trans Pennine Route For Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave the cat, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Dave the cat

Dave the cat New Member

Hi
    Please forgive me if this question has already been asked as I am new to the forum and have not found the answer to my query.
    I recently bought TSW PS4 version from E-bay.
    When installed it automatically upgraded to TSW 2020 but without Northern trans pennine.
    I noticed that the Playstation store had free content downloads for TSW 2 including NTP.
    If I buy TSW 2 in the future will I get NTP included?
    Thank
    Dave

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I don’t think so as you bought the original TSW which came with three routes but NTP wasn’t one of them. When TSW2020 was released, everybody who had the original got an free upgrade to the core program only but didn’t receive the batch of routes that came with the retail version. I was one of these people (albeit on Xbox but the process was the same on PS4). This is what has happened in your case. You got the update to the core game but not the DLC.

If you do buy NTP, separately then, yes, it will be transferred to TSW2 for free when you purchase that,

It will be the same for TSW2 owners who choose not to buy Rush Hour in the summer. They will get a free update to the core program but not the new routes that will be released with it.

TBH. I wasn’t that impressed with NTP anyway. It has a bit od a dreary look to it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention. To receive your routes (Great Western Express and Rapid Transit I think) for TSW2, you will need to contact Dovetail for a download code (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum) as you have them on disc. Any routes you buy through the Playstation store should be available automatically.

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

What version of TSW did you buy, and which routes did it come with? All of the routes that you have (with the exception of NEC, if you have that), will become available in TSW 2, if you buy TSW 2.

If you can now see a "free" DLC for NTP under TSW 2, then you almost certainly have a license for it for TSW. So you should have NTP in TSW 2020 now as well, but maybe you have to find it and download it....?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

IF you bought the original TSW version (2018) on disc then you would get the routes which were bundled with TSW at that time. If NTP was bundled with TSW2020 then you wouldn't get these routes automatically, only the "core game updates"

If you decide to BUY NTP for TSW(the 2020 version you now have) and then at some point decide to also buy TSW2 (which is a separate bit of software) on the same console type (in your case playstation) then you will get a free license for that same DLC in TSW2

It's a bit complex, but there is a difference between the bundled routes and the game engine version you have when it comes to licenses.

6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That is because there is this misconception that in the 1980's anywhere north of the Watford Gap (or maybe Birmingham) was dreary, with decrepit old mills and factories falling into disrepair and rows of dull 19th century terraces and that the early 80's were a time of gloom and therefore any representation of northern England in the early 80's must therefore follow suit, although some of the railway infrastructure was probably getting a bit mouldy!.

I remember the 80's as a time of colour with nice sunny summers (most of them) and bright cold winters, although I don't live so far north. I think they may have gone over the top with the gloominess. It is a nice route though and one of my favourites, but that era is my favourite.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’d contact the seller of your TSW2020 and ask why it doesn’t include NTP

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The OP never bought TSW2020 but the version of TSW before that, judging by what they say about it upgrading to TSW2020 when first used. It would never have had NTP included.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Indeed it is a misconception! The notion that decrepit shabby dreariness was restricted to the 1980s and not "at all times, ever" is a serious misrepresentation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Not just the 80s. People south of Birmingham think those of us who live up north still use candles to light our homes, cook our food over a coal fire, and get about using our trusty horses and carts even today.

I do love travelling on our steam trains though. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. solicitr

You've discovered cooked food?????

• Like Like x 3
  12. brian#4108

brian#4108 New Member

Its a very different world up north, there have been lots of heavy engineering , coal mines and the likes , but I would rather be here than anywhere else in the uk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave the cat

Dave the cat New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to contact Dovetail games before I make my decision.
    One issue I forgot to mention is that after the upgrade from TSW to TSW 2020, I only kept GWE route and have got NEC and Rapid transit.
    the other 2 routes from TSW have gone, so in TOTAL I have 3 routes - GWE, NEC, Rapid Transit.
    Can someone tell me if that is correct?
    Thanks
    Dave

14. ARuscoe

Contact support, there were license issues when people bought their games on disc and then upgraded

15. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's why NTP looks so dark at night!

• Like Like x 2
  16. synthetic.angel

What do you mean by "the other two routes have gone" .... which two routes...? And when did you have them...?

The original TSW disc on PS4 came with GWE, NEC and RT.

The following year a PS4 disc was released called "TSW 2020", and this included GWE, MSB, NTP and LIRR as standard (although some PS4 owners reported getting NEC and RT on top, because these were tied to GWE). It sounds like you just have the original base package for TSW - three routes: GWE, NEC and RT.

What exactly does the front of your disc say.....?

17. solicitr

There is no NEC in TSW2; it was never ported. GWE and RT should both download from the PS store free.

18. synthetic.angel

Yes - this is worth repeating.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ARuscoe

The OP hasn't yet got TSW2. They're talking about buying TSW on disc (no number at the end) and then that software updating (the core) to TSW2020

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

I understand. But if he thinks that thereby he will get all three TSW1 routes upgraded, he will be disappointed.

21. Dave the cat

Dave the cat New Member

Hi
    Sorry I got a bit mixed up with the routes, I was sure they were different on the original disc, I did write them down at the time but threw out the paper.
    It seem by the comments that I have the correct routes.
    Thanks
    Dave

• Like Like x 2
  22. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

if it's true, all the routes you bought in TSW2020 are free for TSW2. minus Amtrak, new york corridor. You have all the others for free, including the rapid tranzit that for TSW2 is longer, but they give it to you for free anyway. I bought the TSW2, and everything I had in 2020, I still have and it was free.

23. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Having bought TSW2 recently, I can confirm that NTP is free if you have the original TSW.

Another point, relating to NTP. I'll have to go back and check, but I am sure that when you bring the camera down to trackside, the undercarriage gives of more creaks and groans on TSW than in TSW2. Can anyone else confirm this?

24. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I get the feeling that you are right.

• Like Like x 2
  25. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

So i'm not imagining it. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1