Not A Game For Tsw Starters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcin, Nov 3, 2019.

1. marcin

marcin New Member

Hi,

I just bought the TSW 2020 on PC and tried to play it.
    This game is so unclear. i've never played a game that is so antagonizing before.

I mean, i have gone throug all of the Academy and started the first Career 'mission'.

Get from London Victoria to East Croydon where you're supposed to connect to 4 cars.

Great. i get there, stop on the yellow signal (Emergency break kicks in anyway, so the train stops).

Request permission to pass yellow and red by asking the signaller. How the heck do i ask signaller

I mean, is this a game for those who played several previous versions. Why would you release a game that is so vague to new players.

So wanted to play it but hate it now.

2. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Do you mean TS2020, not TSW 2020? To ask the signaller you press the TAB key. All this sort of stuff is in the TS2020 manual on your hard drive where TS2020 is.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Victoria isn't in TSW so definitely TSx

You don't need to contact signaller to pass yellows, you do need to acknowledge the warning beep with the Q key though
    To contact the signaller to pass the red press the TAB key and IF it says approved then you can pass. If it says DENIED then something else is stopping you proceeding so check in the 9 camera view and see if another train will pass by you. Wait til that happens then try again
    You often have to press tab when entering yards as well, so just remember the TAB key

Don't forget that Train Simulator is a simulator rather than a game, so it's not supposed to be simple or have a particular learning curve, but it does mean once you learn how to do things they work just about anywhere so if you can master driving the electric train you drove yesterday, you can drive that train anywhere on the routes it runs

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are a number of Tutorials in the Academy - one might cover signalling

Peter