PlayStation Not All Tsw Dlc Will Be In The Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Jul 20, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It has been semi-announced on another thread that some TSW DLC might not be available in the Preserved Collection or as TSW2 DLC.

This would of course mean it would not be useable in the Scenario Planner.

It has not been said what those DLC are and it is not confirmed that it will be the case.

Edit : It has been confirmed that NEC New York and all its associated locos will not be included in the preserved collection or available as TSW2 DLC.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Thats not going to be good considering some people have all the DLC's but I suspect it may be GWE because you can't buy it & it's in the base game

• Like Like x 3
  3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I know all of TSW dlc won’t be included in the preserved collection at launch, but I have not heard DTG even hint at certain TSW dlc being left out of TSW2 entirely. They have already announced what we can expect at launch, and have a 2nd pack ready to go in September. I’m assuming they will continue to do this until all TSW dlc is in the preserved collection.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not according to the post I linked to. That means never available.

5. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Maybe GWE or RT... tho 182 should be updated over the Time, thats a good one...

• Like Like x 2
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

They can check to see if you have a digital license of Train Sim World 2020 and then automatically grant you GWE as an add-on pack in TSW2. They could also sell it separately if you don't own TSW2020.

It could be any route/loco. These all have license conditions.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I actually didn't know but anyway it would be devastating if some DLC's don't make it to TSW2

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

If I had to make a guess, I would suggest that there are two or three DLCs that might not make it. They would be NEC and RT, and possibly GWE.

My suspicion is that GWE ("Founders") is heavily integrated into the TSW "core", and that NEC and RT also rely on that arrangement. I have no idea if I am right... I am purely basing this on the fact that NEC and RT could not be (or were not) separated from GWE when they relaunched TSW on PS4.... and you can't buy NEC or RT as individual routes on PS4.

My suspicion is that "Sand Patch" will take the place of GWE as the "core" or "common" route.

Presumably you wouldn't be bothered if TSW gets completely axed (as you proposed this in another thread), and takes NEC along with it.... in the name of progress.... you know... for the good of the game....?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If this is the case I have been calling it here since day 1

• Like Like x 3
  10. jursly

jursly Member

On the Xbox store you can buy nec and rt

11. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah this thread would make people mad but nothing has been confirmed about any of these routes yet

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I only regularly drive three UK mainline routes so the loss of GWE would be a big deal.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Plastic Pal

I have dropped in a request to get this clarified (more publicly) here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/preserved-collection.24427/#post-152790

......because at the moment the TSW2 marketing materials say absolutely nothing about excluding any of the DLC routes from "Your collection" in TSW2.... it very strongly gives the impression that everything is moving over.... and the marketing stresses the importance of this....

• Like Like x 2
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As the preserved collection FAQ refers many times to Add-ons, I’ve been thinking right from the start that because GWE was not an add-on on in TS2020 PS4 that it wouldn’t be included. This wasn’t really an issue until it was announced that the preserved collection could be used in the scenario planner because you would still have it in TSW and its inclusion in TSW2 wouldn’t have added anything new. Now its inclusion in TSW2 is a big deal because of scenario planner being available for the preserved collection.

Last night’s revelation states that some DLC may not make it to the preserved collection. I’m interpreting this now to mean more content (actual add-ons) will join GWE in not being available in the preserved collection. This is a kind of worst case scenario thinking and could mean a significant amount of content will not be available.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Plastic Pal

If what you are describing.... any part of it... is accurate..... then there needs to be some VERY URGENT re-marketing done to correct the (what would be) howling errors in the current marketing.....

We are not talking about toning down hyperbole - we are talking about remedying flat-out common or garden "mis-marketing", that would be quite contrary to the law in the UK.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I suspect Oakville may get dropped since it flopped hard. GWE is a very popular route so i'd be suprised if it got dropped, RT has the popular 182 add on so I think a lot of people would be upset if that didn't come back (It's also pictured in the preserved collection banner) NEC could get the axe since it's very broken, the SW100R was very unpopular and everyone can get their CSX fix with SPG.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Did it flop, really and how do you know this just out of interest?
    As per some of the routes not being included I would suspect them to be Great Western Express, Rapid Transit and NEC New York (3 of the base games for TSW 2018 when it released).

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  18. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

GWE, amongst others, is a must. Surely they are not even considering dumping it. Especially when so much was left undone with it. I was under the assumption, based on released information, that ALL current material will be included to the preserved collection in time, not just DLC. If this is not to be the case, i think it highly unlikely that i will be upgrading to TSW2 any time soon if at all, as i am not a big fan of any of the three launch routes.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Plastic Pal

I agree - I think "Your collection comes with you" must refer to all routes and all locos - because they are all part of the collection.

• Like Like x 5
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It is now a waiting game for some info.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. Plastic Pal

True. But if DTG don't deliver what they are currently formally marketing... very clearly and with emphasis... then every second that passes makes it much much worse, and harder to undo.....

If DTG need to delay TSW2 by two months instead of two weeks, in order to deliver what they have promised... then I would be fine with that.

• Like Like x 5
  22. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Day 1 when GWE comes over: -
    Class 33 Paddington to Reading in scenario planner
    Class 52 Reading to Paddington in scenario planner
    Rinse, repeat .....along with a whole load of other train spotter specials like Class 37 etc

Please DTG tell me this will still be a thing :o

• Like Like x 12
  23. elarthur

Yes yes yes and again yes. This is what we all want. GWE must be the most neglected route since TSW was launched, not a single piece of DLC for it, even RT and NEC got DLC added on. Westerns, Cromptons, Tractors, Gargoyles, Gronks, Choppers, Peaks, 47s, 101s and Whistlers out of Paddington at long last.

• Like Like x 8
  24. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

All we need now is a Deltic for some high speed runs along the Thames Valley!

(I know they aren't adding anything else to TSW2020, I'm just astonished the Cl. 55 could be overlooked.)

• Like Like x 3
  25. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

definatly yes, also taking the 166 over the pennines, dont spoil our dreams... again

• Like Like x 3
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s interesting to note that since this bombshell was dropped very late on a Sunday night it has gone awfully quiet. We have been through a whole working day without any word from Dovetail on this matter or any other. There’s no live stream tonight, which is also unusual. Hmmmmm??

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Maybe they’re taking an extra day of rest and relaxation.

• Like Like x 1
  28. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Cant say anything about inactivity here, but according to one of the mods for youtube, its 'unavailible staff' for tonight

• Like Like x 2
  29. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

We are so thinking alike brother.

Imagine your driving a mundane class 166 on a every station stop towards Paddington scenario. For the next 35 - 45 minutes all you see are class 33,40,45,47,37,52,31, 20 double-headed 08 and 09 and a 66 charters all coming from London Paddington direction lol.

• Like Like x 4
  30. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean if we do get GWE though Im a US guy I will buy the heavy freight pack for the class 40 to do some special service's on GWE

• Like Like x 1
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It has been stated on the thread where the uncertainty started that the DLC that are at risk of not making it to the preserved collection are NEC route and GP40-2 loco. All other routes and locos are being brought forward.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Quoted for accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
  33. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean when we get told the truth it's going to get painfull but DTG is actually living up to their new standard

• Like Like x 1
  34. elarthur

So, GWE will make it to the scenario planner a bit later on then?
    I cant wait to run something else along Brunel's Billiard Table.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Based on all the previous statements in the forum I'm very happy that Rapid Transit will make it into the Preserved Collection. With the use of the new "Scenario Planer" I've got a lot of ideas in my mind, which trains also can be used or created for this route.
    On the other hand, if NEC didn't make it then I'm a little wistful. Of course it's not the best TSW route and the route section from Penn Station to Sunnyside Yard you can also find in LIRR, but I'll miss the silver Amtrak trains. May be we can use the SW1000R in the upcoming Scenario Planer too. CSX locos are still in play, but now on Sand Patch Grade...

• Like Like x 1
  36. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to drive the ICE on the Leipzig S-Bahn!!!

37. jursly

jursly Member

Is that possible to use the TSW2 trains on the TSW1 routes in TSW2 ?

38. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

yes

39. jursly

jursly Member

Nice, but how about the DB 182 in RT it is a Passenger train and in MSB,RRO,HRR, RSB freight train
    The same with the DB 143

40. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The BR182 was originally procured for DB as a multi-system freight locomotive for cross-border trains to Austria. Because Austria refused to register the BR152 and that was the main reason for DB to order the BR182, which was already approved and deliverded to Austria as ÖBB BR1116. But nowadays it is used mainly for fast passenger trains, also called RE or Regional Express. Of course it is no longer a replacement for the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland, because meanwhile they have enough Talent 2 trains. But with a top speed of 230 km/h it is still one of the fastest E-locos in Europe.
    And the BR143 is also a multi-talent, usable for passenger or freigtht trains, but has less traction and top speed. It is very reliable and robust, but will be replaced in the future by newer TRAXX locomotives such as the BR146, 147 or BR185, 186, 187.
    This was some background info to these locos, but what I wanted to say is, that with the new Scenario Planer we can create the trains that we want to see on these routes and that's great! :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2