PC Not Exactly A Question, But Important Nonetheless

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

With all the post-announcement mayhem going on around here I just wanted to take a moment to do a little bit of praise, because we should point out the bad, but we definitely have to point out the good. In the last days/weeks we've seen a huge positive turn in customer-Dovetail communication. You obviously can't do everything we would like to see, but now there is a visible reaction to our feedback and we're not stuck in "seen" torture. And I hope it shows even for people at DTG because at least speaking for myself and my wallet I am way more likely to support such an approach.

Special thanks have to go to Sam, who was kind of thrown into the role of a community manager and the first thing he did was ask what's wrong. I can't imagine what it has to be like in the last couple of hours for you, Sam, but believe me, when I say that you're doing well. Here's hope you raise such a good CM in the near future.

And now... there are only 58 days left until the new era. Cheers to that.

• Like Like x 11
  2. indominus123456789

indominus123456789 Member

I agree. While pointing out the negatives is a necessity to develop a great game, we need to appreciate the effort DTG has put in recently, and over the long run (TSW2 may have been in development longer than most people think).

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, very special thanks to Sam. I’m wondering whether he has played a big part in changing the way communication happens from the inside. He is clearly very good as a community manager, and as a communicator, and if he has been speaking as forthrightly and as fairly with DTG bosses as he has already here with us on the forum, then I’m sure they will have listened to what he has to say very carefully and considered his observations and experience in the field. Somebody somewhere has to be the driving force behind the apparent change in communication approach and I’m sure Sam has played a big part somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Sam did not yet gain full trust, but first signs give hope and to be honest, this community is hard to manage, if possible at all. I consider TSW2 as a good step, but I am not sure the way it is sold to us is optimal ...

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Having seen him driving trains on Youtube, I am surprised Sam hasn't crashed the forums yet! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Forums have no E-brakes

• Like Like x 1