Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

POLL OPTIONS:

Everything is Fine” = You've seen the issues this thread has brought up, and you can overlook them, they won't impact the fun you'll get by playing this route

Issues are Ridiculous” = You've seen the issues this thread has brought up, and even if you think you'll enjoy and have fun with this route, these issues brought up are concerning and it would be nice for DTG to address these concerns either by communicating with us and/or looking into post-release patches in the future, you also hope that DTG can take the feedback from this thread into consideration for the next USA passenger route after NY-Trenton.

The Poll is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. IF you don't agree with both options, don't vote, and ideally it would be nice if you could reply to this thread and explain why both options don't work for you, and what your stance is instead.

TLDR For The Thread:

The Timetable
    - Amtrak is the full timetable - you can see the Timetable being shipped with NY-Trenton here
    - No LIRR (AI) in the timetable
    - LIRR (AI) is featured in scenarios
    - No static CSX freight cars scattered across the map in the timetable like in Harlem and Boston in
    - Static CSX freight cars are present in Scenarios

Scenery
    - Sunnyside yard IS included, it's not an up-to-date version of the area.
    - New York Penn Station and Sunnyside Yard is from the old LIRR route from almost 5 years ago.
    - Past New York Penn and onwards towards Newark Airport is from the original NEC NY route, which is even older than LIRR.
    - Minor touchups to these areas, nothing significant.

PIS Screens
    - As we expected, still reusing the completely inaccurate British PIS.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 68
  2. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

After listening to the stream I can say I’m disappointed at the time table. Once again the US gets no love. They mentioned the time table is missing services and no LIRR services. Doesn’t look like we will get any freight static on the route. I thought this would be the route that they could make like the BML but unfortunately looks like another rush job disappointed

• Like Like x 16
  3. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I agree not having LIRR In Service In Timetable Is Just Limiting On The Potential Of Making The New York Area Really Busy. Am Honestly Surprised They Didn't Include It. LIRR Always Getting Left Out Of Something No Matter What It Is.

• Like Like x 13
  4. SubwayRailfanner

CSX is missing I just realized now that you mentioned it that's even more disappointing

• Like Like x 4
  5. MAX1319

I don’t get it. This could had been a 500+ services route and the fact they are not mentioning any numbers yet tells me everything

• Like Like x 14
  6. TripleJ814

IIRC they said the timetable isn't the complete timetables either? What are they thinking?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SubwayRailfanner

Am just hoping that they just forgot to mention CSX because in TSW 2020 CSX layered onto It. If They really did take It out I wonder who's Idea was It. Route literally has a chance of being the best US Passenger Route In the game

• Like Like x 2
  8. TripleJ814

JD said “no layers except Acela”

I do want to wait until a proper preview stream, like the sounds, until judging the static freight car layers

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SubwayRailfanner

Well I hope they rethink there decision

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. TripleJ814

US content always gets the short end of the stick in this game. Always.

• Like Like x 8
  11. MAX1319

this is just not good at all. That's why i kept asking if Joe was doing the timetable. I was afraid of this. My excitement has turned to bitter disappointment.

• Like Like x 3
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Here's another thing I see how would they do the long distance Amtrak services how they do them including Amfleet IIs. you actually have a long-distance service that doesn't end in Penn Station but goes all the way to St Albans Vermont eventually Montreal Quebec the Vermonter. For NJ Transit it needs NJCL services Rahway to New York Penn Station in the future if there are ALP-45DP RVL High Bridge Annandale Raritan Plainfield to NY Penn Player control Newark Penn to NY Penn. Lastly M&E Montclair line playable New York Penn Station Secaucus. NEC Line NJ Transit uses Arrow III it is the locomotive on my profile picture

• Like Like x 3
  13. MAX1319

whish we could do a petition for them to fix the timetable asap. but that would mean everyone not buying the route until is fix with complete timetable. Is just ridiculous that SEHS,BML,Bremen get complete timetable and we get shafted.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this route went from looking promising, to nope, wait till later.

A route that had a good chance for layering and we only get the Acela, no LIRR or CSAO traffic.

I also heard that Morrisvile Yard west of Trenton, which NJT stores their trains there, isn't included.

Also the fact that we are missing IRL services either means they could not include them, or are planning on adding them later as Paid DLC via another loco DLC.

I'll probably wait for a sale for all 3 of the new US content now, was a bit interested in the new route and Acela, but I think I'll wait.

• Like Like x 15
  15. SubwayRailfanner

I need to stop getting my hopes up when it comes to new US content it's always some type of disappointment.

• Like Like x 13
  16. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

multiple people asked about why NY-Trenton has not got the full timetable, no attempt was made to answer it, even while they were both looking at the chat window. Even the Roadmap stream has become one big sales pitch.

• Like Like x 8
  17. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

I think they have their reasons not to include them. Of course it is dissappointing but think of how many Performance issues Brighton Mainline has.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Yep figure as usual in the US passenger type DLCS, DTG always screw up...LIRR sucked, MNRR Harlem Line disappointed, and now this NY-Trenton dlc another screw up lol.

How on earth even LIRR ai layers not included in the timetable smfh..and they should've added at least a lil of the NJCL in the game as far as South Amboy...that could've added a bit of variety to the DLC

• Like Like x 5
  19. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

I really wanted this route to come out, but after hearing what has been said on the live stream this afternoon, my desire has disappeared.
    It is simply unforgivable that they have not added the LIRR layer in the schedules but in the missions. It's like they were too lazy to add it to the schedule.
    This was going to be a day one purchase for me, but I'll have to watch the streams and decide if I'll ever buy it.

Thanks DTG for ruining the illusion of hundreds of people for this route.

• Like Like x 10
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Frankly im not surprised. This is why players should expect American stuff to get the short end of the stick as usual.

I don't understand why they keep using innacurate pis for American routes but the one off LGV route can have authentic pis right out of the box. That is unacceptable.

The roadmap stream was nothing but a pr stunt

• Like Like x 7
  21. MAX1319

yea I'm cancelling my pre-order. When Bremen was announce they made sure the mentioned the amount of services quoted from the Bremen release
    ." In total, Gen9 players can expect 1,478 services with all the prerequisite layers installed, 272 of which are playable. Read on to find out how experience might differ between Gen8 and Gen9".
    From SEHS:
    Closing Words
    "We’re glad the day has come to be able to share all this information with you, and we think we’ve proven just how much we can ramble on about this. All that’s left now is for you to experience it for yourselves, oh, and the total service count... let’s just say it’s well over 500 and leave it at that!"
    Even Kassel-Würzburg, a high speedroute has over 1,200 services with AI . The more I think of it the more I get upset.

• Like Like x 12
  22. MrbKlegend89

I know I won't buy it lol...I was gon give it a chance, since I haven't purchased dlcs, due to a load of screw ups as usual appeared in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  23. TripleJ814

Yep I am considering cancelling my preorder too. $60 Canadian dollars is NOT worth it for how Dovetail treated this route.

• Like Like x 7
  24. MrbKlegend89

Exactly, they always screw the US passenger DLC, told yall, they don't cater to the US..NOR do their homework...This NY-Trenton had potential and once again, failed to deliver.

• Like Like x 4
  25. MAX1319

I cancelled my pre order. Will get it once they come out with a real timetable. I'm not buying an unfinished timetable route.
    the reasons they mentioned. They cut and paste 1/2 the route. Is insulting
    upload_2023-2-9_15-57-18.png

• Like Like x 18
  26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Looks like that's the first of the five new routes to gain a miss, £150 potential spending now down to £120...

• Like Like x 3
  27. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I must say as a New York native / Current resident of New Jersey I am by no surprise disappointed,Especially in regards to US Passenger! I would Honestly Hope Dovetail Maybe not rush this one so much And maybe Do Something Similarly To southeastern high-speed Or London commuter with Maybe a March release. I must add I do love and respect dovetail dearly But I must Continue To voice Not just my opinion but of my fellow Neighbors And community!!! I will not repeat What has already been said in many of the great comments Above me Which in my opinion are valid. My message to you DTG If you're able to wait A little longer Just to address Three or 4 Of the things mentioned I can almost guarantee you, This would make much better sell for Majority Of us Americans With Potential Of being the best North American DLC We have received Thus far Respectively.

• Like Like x 11
  28. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No wonder they can't give us numbers when the timetable isn't even done yet, as mentioned in a different thread... 12 days from release, the content is not even done yet... Layers of AI services can be seen as a kind of bonus, but they really make routes stand out. SKA went superbly with New Journeys, BML, BRO, etc. When you have busy AI traffic where appropriate, it makes it amazing. They go the extra mile to substitute some non-existing stock (612 on BRO), yet here they can't even use the proper stock THEY HAVE?

Aaaand... a chapter of its own is that NOT EVEN the playable services are all in it... WHAT? This route was supposed to be THE busy hub... what are you doing, DTG?!?
    upload_2023-2-9_22-38-47.png

• Like Like x 44
  29. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

I'm the type of guy that rare write something in the forum so here we go, I love American, German and UK contents so throw me anything from the world and I will learn and play it, but this is starting to anoying me, always the American content get less content for the full price, I mean this is BS ngl.

• Like Like x 13
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’ve gotta say, I do get where US fans are coming from, their respective content always seems undercooked. If this was any DLC, what DTG revealed tonight was pretty poor by any standards.

They haven’t actually redone the NYC area, one of the poorest backdrops they’ve ever put in TSW - they have just ripped it from 2 poor DLC’s.

They have not used LIRR stock for layers, one thing that would actually make LIRR worth something.

They haven’t even used full timetables for the rolling stock they have given the DLC (and I’m pretty sure the Acela only made that list because it’s new).

The PIS hasn’t been redone (just ripped from LIRR), DTG know full well how poorly received that was the first time, it’s literally just UK PIS…with caps lock on.

It’s also started coming out they are using dodgy sounds, and skirted around the subject on stream too - so I’m guessing it’s confirmed they haven’t got the good stuff.

They had every opportunity here to make a real stand out route and they have seriously dropped the ball.

Every route we’ve had so far which revolved around NYC has just been poor, both visually & in terms of traffic, this was their opportunity to correct that as they had the pieces at their fingertips. It’s mind boggling that they ripped up the sections of NEC & LIRR from DLC that’s half a decade old & used them here - but didn’t have the sense to at least use the rolling stock from them to busy up the area.

I really thought we were past these crappy timetables.

It’s really not good enough for increased price DLC.

• Like Like x 26
  31. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Oh boy, not another half-assed US route again? Damn.

• Like Like x 17
  32. SubwayRailfanner

Yes another one. They didn't bother to put new skylines or anything just copy and paste thats it.

• Like Like x 4
  33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Someone really needs to ping Matt and JD and tell them how we really feel about the US Content, especially the timetable. I was also looking forward to this route as well, but after hearing them say this, my enthusiasm for this route have disappeared. What i am even so surprise and disgusted is the team decided to not do this project from scratch instead taking two of the layering from the previous route and putting it in, when those two layer really is a let down. The terminal should be the new one, but instead they went and choose the easy way out. Not to mention the busy feeling of LIRR and other Amtrak, NJ AI Service going in and out, how is that going to be a rush hour feeling since there won't be that many. They already didn't did well for the Harlem line, not to mention the missing skyscraper, along with city vibe feeling in game and other assets, such as sound.

I really thought that they will make a comeback and make this be the new beginning and start for American Passenger Route, but i guess it's not, like other people here mention it shows not ENOUGH LOVES To American Fans here. I really wanted this to happern, I really do hope that they still have about two week to get things right so hopefully they will prove us wrong. As of right now i am upset and dissapointed :|:|:|:|:|:(:(:(:(:(:mad:

• Like Like x 24
  34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the launch stream ( if there is one ), but the more I'm discovering about this route the further down the flagpole it's sinking.

This could have been the busiest route in TSW to date, but as the anticipated layers and features fall away one by one, my enthusiasm is quickly fading.

Why are so many opportunities missed?

• Like Like x 22
  35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

If there is someone close to the team, could they pass this feedback to the main team, to express how we fans are feeling. I don't even know if Matt or JD is reading this?

• Like Like x 5
  36. SubwayRailfanner

DTG Matt DTG JD

• Like Like x 2
  37. MAX1319

We need to spread the word and let everyone know. If we don’t they will keep doing this. They need to release this with a real time table. I love SEHS, BML. What gets me upset they know what we have been asking and just ignore the US players. They think the launching the Acela will make up for the lackluster NEC Trenton. We need to speak and spread the word to other players.

• Like Like x 10
  38. TripleJ814

Many people have submitted feedback on how they handle US content, but they have never really listened, and this new route shows it.
    It's very unfortunate.

• Like Like x 5
  39. Dinosbacsi

Well I was planning on getting this route as a birthday present from my sister, but might just call it off, lol. We will see what the preview stream will be like. Definitely not getting this on the 21st.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Dinosbacsi

Their attitude to old routes also show it pretty well. For Bakerloo Line to have a full timetable they had to improve on the whole core dispatcher, yet they did it. For a route like LIRR however, they admitted to having a much busier timetable already made, but it can't be used because the LIRR signalling can't handle it. For some reason LIRR doesn't get a timetable upgrade, yet Bakerloo Line did?

• Like Like x 14
  41. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

LIRR is crying out for a timetable upgrade, it is such a waste as it is and I hardly every play it.

• Like Like x 16
  42. MAX1319

The BML got the 377,387,166,66,385,465,313 ……….4,800 services with AI.
    NEC Trenton to Penn. gets the. Acela layered with probably 12 services.
    Just a big slap to the US fan base.
    We was looking forward to this . There are no excuses. Zero

• Like Like x 7
  43. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I'll get the Acela for Boston Sprinter. I don't think I will get the NEC route unless it appears very appealing on the stream, it is a shame they haven't made a more fulsome timetable. I remember the TSC version, a favourite at the time, it was quite a bit longer, Trenton was one of the intermediate stations if I recall.

• Like Like x 5
  44. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

Not including the full time table and no LIRR or freight layers to the timetable plus no Morrisville yard is a real punch to the gut for this route I'm really frustrated with how the US content gets treated compared to the UK and Germany another short end of the stick content wise for the US

• Like Like x 7
  45. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

That's fine, no layers, no purchase. Certainly helps decide which routes are worth buying this year.

• Like Like x 11
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

And considering the LIRR AI traffic would basically only be portal-Penn and back (maybe Westside yard)... that's not complicated, you have 4 tracks under East River, LIRR can just run in and out like a mad lad

• Like Like x 6
  47. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

This route would be the best chance of ever getting Amtrak LD coaches and sleepers, but it's not to be.

The metro cab car - from what I recall (and online sources confirm this) most NEC services don't even use this, just the keystones ( happy to be corrected). No LIRR AI services, no freight, a timetable with extra Acela but not full timetable for the included trains?

I was going to make this a day 1 purchase (had there been a preorder discount I'd have already purchased) and pick up Acela in a sale. But now I'm thinking I'll buy Acela at full price and pick up NYT in a sale at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  48. MAX1319

So now it makes sense why they bundle all the US content together to hide the lack luster NEC Trenton content…….. no article. No details . Except you are getting an Acela layer. Mostly reused content. With the SEHS the remade and added lots of content……just so disappointed. I have been looking foward to this since it was first mentioned. We gave lots of feedback on what we expected from this route,what needed to have. What makes it even worse we all know it can be done. We already have the locos do have a great time table. I would had purchased the LIRR in the Xbox X. I owned it on steam because I got it at 80% off. My point is they had the potential to make lots of money. I would had pay more if it had a complete timetable

• Like Like x 7
  49. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yall have already covered what I was going to say. I was really looking forward to this dlc but it feels like a missed opportunity. What could have been the busiest route in the Northeast corridor is now possibly another quietfest. Not even using the full timetable and many services left out. Will make my decision until the livestream which could show that it really is a busy route, but I highly doubt it. As a US player, I really wanted a route along the lines of bml and bro where you see tons of traffic, both playable and ai only. Even not having the correct train didn't stop Joe from adding the 612 to represent the 648 services on bremen oldenburg. Boston is only busy on the Boston side, Harlem is alright but doesn't give an impression of a truly busy route.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

It is just the Keystone trains that use the Metroliner cabcar the Northeast Regionals don't

• Like Like x 2