Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, after my experience with the last couple of new routes and route overhauls, I've checked out of buying anything again until hopefully TSW4 sees an overhaul of the unrealistic, migraine-inducing lighting system of TSW3, with its tunnel entry flash, washed out cabs, and what I have jokingly suggested is a typo in material definitions where someone tried to write "grass" and instead put "glass", where loads of materials react in bizarrely specular ways to the increased light levels (mortar on the walls in Boston-Providence, for example, which has an unnatural glow in TSW3 post-update). Because at the end of the day while it's not unsalvageable, they clearly have no intention of improving it any time soon. I have plenty TSW2 routes to tide me over until then, it's only going to be another year or so, after all.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Jd said more details would be mentioned in the roadmap article and he said a patch is coming.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/march-roadmap-stream-q-a-thread.65696/

3. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Well knock me sideways with a feather, what a surprise as you say. Didn’t see that one coming. DTG = Dodgy-release Time to Go.

4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Very bizarre that it hasn't been mentioned at the beginning of the thread, but only later as a reply. Was it added because of the questions later? Was it not supposed to be part of the article?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

yea you think that maybe that should have been towards the top of the list or maybe just be on the list to begin with.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Define exactly what is bizarre about it? He gave a brief summary of what would be on the roadmap, missed something out, and clarified when asked. What on earth is bizarre about that? It's a normal interaction. It's something that happens every day in most people's jobs. Sheesh.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We know these articles get made over the course of a couple of days, so it's not a 5-minute job. All major topics in recent roadmaps have their own section, so the overview in that thread would be a collection of headers in the article. And NYT problems were the biggest topics this year so far. It is unlikely this one would be forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Im not surprised many still think that bugs can have their reports be compiled, tested to be recreated, search for a fix that wont break anything else, fixed, and tested, in only two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Bremen got TWO fixes within a week. Sure, nobody would expect the new timetable in two weeks, but clipping and missing assets? Yeah, that should've been touched by now.

10. MAX1319

yea what are we thinking
    upload_2023-3-7_10-14-2.png

• Like Like x 3
  11. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

They put a few fixes...But how bout the upcoming German routes, looking promising, especially the Linke Rheinstrecke route..hmmm look at that they have layers in both of them...pretty sure they didn't run out of time with this route to include everything needed (although I heard some say inaccurate layers at the moment)....Was there time constraints for this???ohhh wait that excuse only applies for US Lol...Where was this same energy DTG????orrrrrr yall too afraid to admit it. So of course this particular half baked dlc of NY-T would be forgotten with just barely 5 fixes in hand. Ohhh even SEHS getting another loco the class 37/7....like I said again and again...DTG DOESNT care about the US passenger and quite frankly freight dlc...they have to make sure that UK and German gets all the glory....And the fact that SEHS is getting another add on loco hmmm, no surprise.

Btw I like how they investigating bout a few bugs in the NY-T dlc, but according to many whoever they are have the dlc is pointing out like 20 more bugs lol....Meanwhile, they investigated in lots of bugs on the Scotrail Express dlc( although I hear some weren't really fixed).

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Meh, to be honest, the new german route also has some interesting shortcomings. Once again no period correct PIS, and express passenger locomotive used for freight... Also if the post-2010 looking scenery cars are still in the route, that will be quite an immersion breaker for a route that is supposed to be set in 1997.

But I do agree, it's sad that there still isn't anything about a timetable update for the route. Do they really plan on keeping it like this?

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrbKlegend89

Yep they are lol...and yea im surprised at the PIS for this upcoming dlc and I don't know why they put express service for freight..But yea they keeping this garbage of a timetable the way it js...Probably because they too stuck on that Acela may have saved them but the reviews don't lie lol

14. MAX1319

so no plans and no promises for PIS on the new german route. I guess they might get it at the same time NYT gets a new timetable

• Like Like x 4
  15. MAX1319

So 5 DLC being release before the next roadmap..... release and forget full steam ahead.......
    upload_2023-3-7_14-58-58.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

They didn't even mention fixing AI trains (running with pantos down, with doors open, without lights...). But not fixing platform clipping is a big sin. I mean the biggest sin is the timetable, compared to that the platform clipping should be a much quicker fix.

• Like Like x 6
  17. MrbKlegend89

West Cornwall getting a steam railtour hmmmm...interesting another UK getting another loco add on...
    Well remember they did reuse part of the LIRR dlc instead of building this from scratch, technically being lazy to begin with lol...So I'm not surprised the clipping still there.

• Like Like x 3
  18. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Meanwhile on Steam:

[​IMG]

They said they were very proud of this DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MrbKlegend89

Very proud of rushing a half baked DLC with numerous bugs and inaccuracies and they think they proud of this dlc???lmao...Thats a great joke if ever.

• Like Like x 6
  20. MAX1319

as I mentioned before I think that is even worse now that they know the DLC will sell no matter what negative feedback they receive or......not sure about how things will change for the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. MAX1319

NYT has fallen into the LIRR zone........ another US forgotten route........ I see a year from now we will still be here talking about this DLC and what it could have been ...... is really a shame........

• Like Like x 8
  22. Dinosbacsi

New York Penn station is cursed. Every route that features it ends up bad, lol.

• Like Like x 9
  23. MrbKlegend89

Well u know DTG has to find more dumb excuses for these unfinished dlcs...the fact they said they very proud of the job they did speaks volumes and let's me further know, this wasn't even priority when being built, since all other UK and German dlcs getting a lot of share and accurate type timetables(except the upcoming Linke one, I see ppl not happy with a few)...If this dlc had accurate timetable, and maybe part of added NJCL(as far as South Amboy), Newark Broad St added, LIRR ai layers, and of course accurate timetables, I probably would've had the green light to buy it, but nope DTG and their biasness/excuses for the US content continues. ANd I don't wanna hear excuses cuz Dresden-Riesa got that added branch almost a month later to the dlc. BML has many ai and playable layers including the section to Reigate. SEHS being rebuilt with added sections of few routes...NO EXCUSES!!![/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 6
  24. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

May as well give up guys. The route is as good as it's going to get. For those that bought it, lesson learned (and shame on you :D). For those that didn't, be happy that you saved some money that you could spend on other things / hobbies of better quality.

• Like Like x 8
  25. Dinosbacsi

That's my take on the situation as well. Sad that the route is a flop, but happy that I didn't buy it and I am saving myself a lot of frustration. If DTG says they are proud of this, well... good for them, I guess? I will continue playing other TSW content and other games instead.

• Like Like x 7
  26. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Can’t understand why they made what appears to be a beautiful route with great stock only to give it a s****y timetable. Doesn’t make sense and NYT will probably be definitively removed from my wishlist as they confirmed tonight no changes to be made.

• Like Like x 6
  27. MAX1319

if you listen to them without hesitation or remorse that no changes to be made. So here it is. they are basically telling us that this will be the new normal. take it and take it. I find this very difficult to comprehend since usually this doesn't end well but in their case. doesn't seem to had made any difference.

• Like Like x 2
  28. StrikeEagle78

In the world of the shareholder driven business, it's all about going faster and higher prices (margins) as much as you can get away with with the customer. After driving away a massive percentage of customers six months ago I'm surprised we haven't heard another typical canned corporate message along the lines of "clearly we have missed the mark" and "we commit to doing better", etc. But who knows. Maybe their sales numbers are still fine therefore expect more "NYTs" every month ad nauseam.

• Like Like x 2
  29. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Of course the new route layers onto others with no problem. Oh AI Trains finally being able to blow there horns too.

• Like Like x 1
  30. MrbKlegend89

That's mostly every dlc involving Penn Station and all..look at the LIRR timetable...trash...now this dlc timetable...Trash....and as usual no proper research...Rush the half baked dlc and pat themselves on the back with mediocre and lazy attempts lol...

• Like Like x 2
  31. MrbKlegend89

Yea of course the new UK and German routes have new ai layers, DTG again continues every time with bias and care more for them instead of fair share of all three countries....I wonder did they run out of time adding those upcoming new toute layers????

• Like Like x 2
  32. StrikeEagle78

Isn't that the game's slogan? "Master the mediocrity"? Maybe I'm wrong. Something along those lines though.

• Like Like x 4
  33. MrbKlegend89

On the US content....yea lol..

• Like Like x 2
  34. MAX1319

next US route will be another freight route with 150 services, with one new loco and another repaint.......... the next US passenger route Feb 2024 when it all repeats again..........

• Like Like x 1
  35. StrikeEagle78

If they continue as is I don't see this franchise lasting long. I mean the reviews say it all. There are less stars on the Xbox store than the version number of the game itself :D

• Like Like x 8
  36. rennekton#1349

Ai horns are a one and only for niddertalbahn. Not a core feature. Matt said it's really complex to implement depending on the horn rules which can get extensive depending on the country

37. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

We should all learn a valuable lesson from this: Don’t buy DTG routes for full price. If you really want to spend money on the game, give that money to the third parties instead :)

• Like Like x 6
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If DTG is very proud of NY-Trenton, then all I can say is WOW!!! They’ve really allowed their ‘standards’ to slip.

• Like Like x 12
  39. MrbKlegend89

They didn't even do proper research of the dlc and many of the US content correctly lol...They proud of the worse attempt of this...I didn't know lazy and mediocre were to be proud of from them

• Like Like x 3
  40. MAX1319

So with 5 DLC in a month you can just throughout qualify out the door. Is now pump out and see what sticks no point in complaining.just let your wallet do the taking

• Like Like x 6
  41. rennekton#1349

3rd parties aren't great either. Rivet has poor routes and struggles with sound and physics. Both the routes for skyhook was received poorly and the 187 was atrocious. Don't know about Just trains, ats and union workshop. All I know is that some of their tsc routes were received poorly.

Only 3rd party worth supporting at the moment is TSG who is also second party.

• Like Like x 5
  42. rennekton#1349

3 are from 3rd parties (TSG, skyhook, rivet). There's only 2 dtg dlcs in that mix (mainz koblenz and loco bundle 2).

• Like Like x 2
  43. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Fair enough, the third-party stuff is a bit rocky as of now. But say what you will about Rivet Games' stuff, at least they try to be innovative with their products. They're the only team making Swiss content, they're the first to add onboard announcements, and they model trains really well. They have a lot going for them, they just need to get better at stuff like physics and sounds. And as you've said, TSG is worth supporting as they take a lot of time and effort to create their routes and trains.

Skyhook is the most questionable as of now, as they bring little new to the table. At most, I guess they're good at making proper new freight stock (such as the ribbed covered hopper, flatcar, and gondola). It fits this thread to mention them in particular, since unfortunately they're the only team willing to create US content for TSW so far. I think that if they can get better at American freight locomotives and livening up the routes more (in terms of scenery and static rolling stock), they can be a great fit for the role of providing US freight content. Perhaps it's best if they stay away from Germany though!

• Like Like x 1
  44. Dinosbacsi

Union Workshop content varies in quality, but routes like Wakayama Line, Forest Rail and Hidaka Main Line are all great. And currently they are the only one doing japanese content. Scenery wise their recent releases are quite a bit weaker, but at least they are getting longer. Hopefully for TSW they will do great scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  45. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Quite a bit longer - and if you don't zoom the camera out the scenery in Tohoku is perfectly acceptable, so it's perhaps an acceptable tradeoff for getting 106 miles of route.

46. MrbKlegend89

Steam looks like it has more negative reviews then positive lmao.....So Matt and all, what are yall proud of again????

• Like Like x 3
  47. MrbKlegend89

Found this on youtube lmao.

Yea DTG Verrrrryyyyyy proud of this lazy attempt lol

• Like Like x 3
  48. MAX1319

For our German friends with the arrival Mainz/Koblenz route and all I can say is ……“Welcome to the party Pal !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought the route looked good.

• Like Like x 2
  49. StrikeEagle78

Also, welcome to page 31 :D

50. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I found out recently that Skyhook actually made a lot of the “DTG” rolling stock/locos. Like apparently they made the GWE Class 43, the SPG SD40, and others.

Also I think their ability with routes is pretty good. Horseshoe Curve is a pretty good route. And it’s actually super accurate to real life in most places (Gallitzin being the exception). Right down to irrelevant details like location of billboards on the side of the road.

So I think for 3D modelling of trains and routes they are pretty good. Where I question them is the overall accuracy of physics, systems and sounds for locos. Everyone knows the history of the Br187 for example… and the HSC ES44 is still a little wonky with dynamic brakes. I’m hoping the locos for their new British route dispel any worry.

• Like Like x 2