Oberrheinische Eisenbahn-gesellschaft

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Baclodant, May 31, 2021.

1. Baclodant

Baclodant New Member

The Upper Rhine Railway Company, (OEG), was an Company based in Mannheim (DE) and operated meter-gauge railway across Mannheim, Heidelberg and Weinheim. The Company merged in 2010 with the MVV, the Mannheimer Verkehrsbetriebe. The OEG services had been merged with the Rhein Neckar Verkehrsbetriebe (RNV) in 2006. Since then, the Line has been relabeld as Line 5 of the RNV.

My Route Suggestion is as followed:
    The Line 5 operated by the RNV. It is an Route connecting the 3 cities mentioned early driving through low density regiones with a lenght of about 55 km and also a lot of variing scenery. On the route, you will be driving a circuit, it goes from Mannheim and it's special flair of an old industrial city over to Heidelberg, driving through the citiy from the Main Station to the Bismarkplatz, a big station with a lot of ongoing tramtraffic.
    Leaving Bismarkplatz, you depart taking a sight of Handschusheim, and afterwards driving along the "Bergstraße" having the fiew on vineyards. A special place on the route is Großsachsen, where the tram, drives on the street. Afterwards you reach Weinheim. In Weinheim has happended quite some modernisation in the last few years. From Weinheim the route goes through Viernheim and it's shopping mal back to Mannheim.

The Rolling Stock:
    In the last years, the route was operated by the "Variobahn 6" and later by the RNV6 Variobahn. It can operate in both directions.
    Possible Addons could be the Gt8 Duaweg as it is out of service since 2013. The route is also jused for Historic services for tourism. So i believe it to be very interesting driving one of those very old Trams

My personal opinion, and why i suggested it:
    I know this is a tram line, and I know thats a Train game. Technically. The service is a Train,. at least on several parts of the Route. The mix of different Scenery on the Route might also be appealing to a lot of People, also the RNV is one of germanys biggest operator of Tram track. And as there hasn't been any kind of Tram service it might catch some Attention.

I'd Love to see your Opinion on my suggestion, as it's my first one. Are you interested in Tram lines at all? And what about this Line?
    What would you like to see added to my suggestion?

At Last, I will show you an Video made by the RNV years ago.