Old European City Tram Line, Possiblty German City, Light Rail Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

A light railway DLC for some different flavor in TSW. I'd be electric railway I thought somewhere in Germany because it has that nice pebbled road and early 19th century architecture city. Where to even begin? Well I heard of a 21.7km metre-gauge Thüringerwaldbahn from Gotha to Tabarz tram line. I like this tram-line because it uses "square" looking tram units and it goes through suburban locations with lots of green grass and trees with a semi-modern tram. Something different from the big trains, etc. Since there are already German Cities in
    TSW we can possibly work in this zone to keep things simple.

48592e121880f17dbe294d18103ea823.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't need to be urban with German light rail. The Enz Valley Railway, which now form the S6 tram line from Pforzheim to Bad Wildbad in the North of the Black Forrest would be a really nice route, starting in the City of Pforzheim before following the river all the way to the spa town of Bad Wildbad.

With 19 stops in 23Km and sections including inner urban DB, outer urban and then deep forrest, but ending in the pretty town of Bad Wildbad, with the tram going through the old DB station and onto the town's streets I think this would be a good standalone route

[​IMG]

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but I think the Sóller route would be prettier!

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

We used to have these in Tallinn up until 2010, now we have these

208685.jpg

5. Gabe_1.0

I feel Soller Route is more of a train line. The idea is to expose the player to a proper light rail tram line with focus on tram operation up and down the line

6. Gabe_1.0

Nice looking trams! not as old school but if you have access to them they would be great! what route are they traveling on?

7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

They run through the whole Tallinn city, don't think the name of the route would tell you anything thought :)

8. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

There is one interesting possibility for a light rail/tram route set in the Czech Republic:

Intercity tram line between Liberec and Jablonec nad Nisou - 13 km long tram between a large and smaller city. 28 minutes of running time.
    Train line Liberec - Tanvald (- Harrachov) - 27 km (38 km) long unelectrified train line, lots of stops and beautiful sights. The line from Tanvald to Harrachov is a cog line and is the steepest railway in Czech Republic with up to 5.8% gradient.

And the best part - both lines run parallel for several kilometers between Liberec and Jablonec.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1