One Big Question For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dubatc, Jun 12, 2020.

1. dubatc

dubatc New Member

I watched the stream and was okay with the new path taken, more openness etc.
    I can understand the upset of a lot of folks re the editor and other issues with TSW1.
    My major concern is;
    Are Dovetail going to re-release trains/locos for TSW2 that have previously been available for TSW1, thus will we have to purchase then a second time to use them on the new routes?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

DTG has said all old routes will be abandoned. No new updates or features after TSW 2 is released. As said in the announcement, "preserved, not remastered."
    But hopefully this is part of their plan to only tell us what will be happening and not what might happen. So it is possible that is may come in the future, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

We can only hope that between now and Aug 6 They fix as many of the outstanding bugs as possible to take the sting of these routes being branded as preserved.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Something tells me the peasants will revolt most strongly if they find that later on, the trains and routes they have already purchased with TSW2020 are introduced into TSW2... (it might be an unwise step).
    However, once the present player base have all passed away, 'then' that would be a great idea!... :mad:;):o

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I can’t see them selling any previously represented stock as loco DLC but I expect some will crop up as revamped stock in newly released routes. Otherwise it would limit the new routes to only containing never before seen trains. I certainly wouldn’t like to have to buy anything I’d already bought as a loco DLC again, although I’d be fine with a new route that contained for example a Class 37. I suppose I’d also be happy with a new route featuring a loco that was previously a loco DLC in TSW, such as a Class 40, if that’s what the route requires, although that might be a harder pill to swallow.

What I don’t want to see is any locos (or indeed routes that require one or more of those locos) being completely ignored because of the obvious problem of players having already bought a version of a particular loco in what, within a year or so, will be considered an old game. That to me is a bigger issue. Whatever happens, some things are going to sting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well they either have a really good plan regarding this issue, or none at all.

7. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise... can't say fairer than that!

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Here is a teaser of a question for you.... Which would you prefer....:

1. DTG spend time now fixing the various bugs in TSW2020 DLC, and continue to not bother with quality with all future TSW2 content;

or

2. DTG now design a system of QA and QC, and actively choose to use it in TSW2, to prevent future bug-ridden DLC from being released.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Why can't we have both?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michael Newbury

For option 1 while they're allowing us to continue using TSW2020 without any further updates or adds I am fine with that. I would like to see them spend time and get as many bugs as possible fixed up

For option 2 if this is the way it has to go then fine in order to have new features then they have move forward on a new version of the engine. And if they bug fixes like I have mentioned in option 1 things would nice.

So both would be the short answer

• Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Newbury

We will continue to have both but nothing will be added to TSW2020 after Aug 6 when TSW2 launches in fact the Class 20 was the last add to TSW2020.

12. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

The main worry for me (which is why I'm out and watching from the sidelines for now) is that will you have to re-purchase stock you already owned in TSW1 to work on future TSW2 routes? maybe with a minor upgrade like a bit more dirt or one or two buttons that can be pressed that may or may not do anything and then once they decide it's time to move onto TSW3..... you could lose everything again and have to start all over again......!!

I'll be watching the goings on very closely.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Newbury

You do not have to repurchase everything that you currently own in TSW2020 it will follow you over to TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

True, but it's a useless feature as you cannot use them on TSW2 routes. I was referring to possibly having to re-purchase them to use in TSW2 routes.

15. Michael Newbury

Gotcha I see you would like to be able to purchase them again to be able to advantage of the new features in TSW2. Wish that could be possible but given what DTG has decided that will not happen.

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You will not be alone.