Fishing Sim World Online Tournaments Rule Change

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by OptimusPride498, Jan 27, 2021.

1. OptimusPride498

OptimusPride498 New Member

You removed the possibility to drag a lure on the side of the boat to take away those who “cheated” that way. Can you not also take away the possibility to pause the game and “reset” your catches so you can within the hour catch the same fish again? I have no problems with the fact that experience makes you fish where the big fish are but doing it this way feels like taking advantage in the games fault the same way as dragging the lure beside the boat. Then you just have to accept that either you submit the catch or not, and that you need to play when you have one full hour to play. It would really benefit all the players that don’t know this and make this contest a more fair game.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

The choice to keep the pause feature was because we do have players who for multiple reasons can't dedicate a full hour to sit and play these modes. Removing the ability to pause would have made this mode completely obsolete for those players.

3. OptimusPride498

OptimusPride498 New Member

Even if you can’t spend one hour, you still can submit your catches and try 2 more times. I think most of us can dedicate one full hour to play and this change of rule benefit more players for a fair game then those who can’t spend the hour. Shouldn’t the game lean towards makes the tournaments equal then benefit those who can’t play one full hour. I guess the change then can be that you don’t reset the game when you paus it...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

All valid points, with the time the team had to implement the patch they felt it was only fair that the mode was still accessible for all players. Rather than removing a mode from players that were once able to play the DFL. I'll share your thoughts with the team and let them know that some players would rather the pause feature be adjusted/removed.