Operate Train From Ladder

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kentolsson73, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

Wouldnt it be awesome if we could operate the train standing on the ladders on the loco and cars?
    Would make switching and shunting a whole lot more fun and realistic.
    Ext rear and frontcam also work but not really that good.
    A two man crew and ability switch between the two would be absolutely awesome but I guess that aint made so easy. But an addional cam on the ladder of the last car of the train, and the ability to climb a ladder and operate train from there cant be that hard to add to the game

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That can be done when multiplayer comes.

3. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

I don't know about that being realistic in switching or shoving, and other yard operations from the ladder either on locomotive or on the railcar, I been on the railroad for about five years now and I have never seen it done even with an RCL probably because there are rules about that, FRA rules. We meaning (real TE&Y employees) we either stand on the platform of the locomotive or on the ground controlling the locomotives during yard operations. So if DTG does something like that make it possible to stand on the platform of the locomotive and drive the train from there.

But, I can imagine that CSX would say no to that for safety reasons, because it would give the impression that it's not following FRA regulations or the company's rules, or any other (US) railroads for that matter.... Hate to burst your bubble there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

I think you may have misunderstood me... I didnt mean control the loco per say from the ladder. More like taking the role of the conductor hanging there and by radio instructing the engineer, who hopefully still is in the cab pulling levers and pushing buttons and what not ;)

5. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

I might have, but that's ok, but anyhow that would be pretty cool and realistic, I don't know if you know this or not and maybe DTG would incorporate a RCL where the engineer can walk outside on to the (other then the engineers seat) platform and still be able to control the locomotives, that would give the game a little bit more realism to it.