Option To Rotate Trains In Menu

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WiSchmo, Oct 5, 2021.

1. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Since the addition of the new Dresden–Riesa route, it has become increasingly difficult to select the correct train for service mode. It really is a great thing that locos are continuously improved, but without the option to rotate them prior to selecting the service, I'm never sure if I have selected the newest version. Especially on the german locos, the livery differences are quite small and very hard to tell from the default front/slightly-to-the-side angle. I anticipate that the overhauled BR Class 377 that will come with the new London Communter addon will be affected as well. How would I differentiate it from the East Coastway 377?

So what I would like to suggesst is an option to rotate the train, so we can see which one we select in service mode.

I imagine this could work like the "toggle menu" in the service screen, that allows console user to interact with the service search panel on the top right (triangle button on PS). Alternatively, it could work like the new immersion controls, so maybe holding a button and simultaneously using one of the sticks. Mouse users (PC & consoles) could maybe click on the train and drag the mouse to rotate.

I think this is a valid enough request to use up Dovetail's bug-fixing time contingent that might be spent on other problems. Do you agree?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

PC can't even do that

• Like Like x 1
  3. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Good to know, I'll change the thread title and my post :D

I thought this was possible with a mouse.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021