1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of Memory Crash With Ts2020

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by paulspencer1957, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Ocke

Ocke New Member

I think so. Didn't have any trouble running quick drives earlier in the day, on high graphics. But custom consists? Crashed three times, twice on high graphics and once on low. Not sure if the graphics setting matters there, but changing it didn't help.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Could be a corrupt download. Did you download a reskin before the crashes started?

3. Ocke

Ocke New Member

I did download a few coaches and reskins for them. I suppose I could uninstall them and try again. Would be a shame if the files are corrupted as I'd quite like to use those coaches.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Try using the coaches first without using the custom consist creator.
    If you are able to place the coaches on the track ok then they might not be the problem
    But if the coaches don't load because you are missing something that might cause the consist creator to stop working.

Peter

5. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

well i guess this is supposed to be fixed in 2021 as matt said which is good

6. paulspencer1957

paulspencer1957 New Member

I'm resurrecting this thread because I've reinstalled TS today and to my dismay find that I'm still getting exactly the same problem with Out of Memory crashes and can still work around it by literally pulling out my ethernet cable from my router before hitting the Start button! Surely after all this time someone has an idea what's causing this, and more usefully, how on earth to fix it! And before anyone asks I have tried every single suggested solution to no avail. I can live with physically unplugging the cable but it really shouldn't be necessary should it! By the way, running TS in offline mode in Steam doesn't stop the crash

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I rebuilt my PC after unsubscribing to any workshop content. Now I only get OOMs if I forget to stop chrome running youtube on my secodn screen when driving the GEML

8. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Still a problem. Was just pulling into Edinburgh Waverly after a long ride from Newcastle on the Just Trains Newcastle to Edinburgh line and got an out of memory error with exception code 0xC0000005. I have 32GB of Ram. I'm running an RTX 2080 Ti and i7-9700k.

9. kevindahs5

kevindahs5 New Member

What size pagefile I should use I have a Intel i3 with 6 gb of ram and intel 4000 graphics card. (Note: cleaning up the windows.old right now).

10. Ocke

Ocke New Member

Only now had time to get around to this. I thought I'd give the scenario editor a try, but first tried opening the consist creator, and now it actually works. And both the coaches and repaints seem to work.

EDIT: And now it's back after installing another repaint, and a patch. Both of which work fine when jumping straight into Quick Drive, but keeps crashing the game when I try to go into the consist creator. And that's after clearing the cache.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  11. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Staff Member

Hi paulspencer1957,

We'd like to dig into your issue in greater detail, can you drop a ticket into Support and share with us the following:
    Would you also mark it for my attention so it gets escalated properly, please?

Many thanks, Steve