Out Of Memory...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Class158Perkinsguy, Oct 31, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

Every time in the 387 I get a out of memory crash at the exact same place. Its the same in the 377, the exact same place. I understand that there is well over 1,100 services but it is getting a bit annoying.

2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

No here but I'm on Series X, and that seems to be the one issue not affecting it.

I think its because of the RAM personally. Series S And Xbox One's are almost the same and Series X has the most. So I could see that too much going on could cause the crash do to the RAM running out of memory.

Even PC users have been saying the 8GB RAM as the minimum recommended system requirements needs to be changed since the core update.

• Like Like x 1
  3. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

Now this is what I don't get, it's only happening on 2 routes Dresden and London Commuter, not the rest

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That’s because those 2 routes are the busiest in TSW2

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Thing is, the exact same out of memory error occurs on several UE4 games on Series X, so I'm more inclined to consider the engine has a propensity for memory leaks that not every studio's got a large or experienced enough team to plug.

*Edit*
    A quick glance at the Unreal Engine dev forums and..... yyyyeeeeaaaahhhhh....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021