Overflowing Destination Markers

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ARuscoe, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As usual, I've been messing about with the scenario editor and I have found that on the South Wales Coastal route many of the siding points are set so that the end AFTER the light protecting the main line. This means that if you try to make a stop in that siding to allow an AI to go down the mainline, or even to set two AIs to pass each other the dispatcher can't do it.

The reason is that if you set a destination (or stop point) in the scenario editor it assumes that the unit will always stop at the end of the platform or loop destination set on the track, you know, the things marked in green, yellow or orange on the HUD

So, the question is without altering the actual track layout itself is there any other way of setting a destination or stop OVERLAYING the existing one? From what I've seen you cannot have more than one destination point on the same track, but this means that on that line, and maybe others, you can't have decent AI maneuvers.

I DID report a ticket to DTG yesterday detailing the issue, and after removing the "I'm creating a scenario" part (which apparently they can't even talk about) the part with the track layout is known, but I got nothing more than that