Passenger/freight Setting For Class 66 Ews

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Dec 24, 2019.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've been running some timetable activities in East Coast Main, driving the Class 66 EWS. Although these involve hauling or shunting freight, the pass - frt indicators in the cab are set to passenger when the activity opens.

I've checked the manuals, but (surprise, surprise) they do not provide any information and the in-cab instructions are equally mute about this subject.

So, how is this done? (Yes, I want to know, even though it seems to make no difference as far as completing the activity goes.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I remember Matt showing how to change that but I haven't had the time to look back.

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So I just rewatched the twitch and stream and saw Matt show how to change from Passenger to Goods. On the Computer above the window select brake timing and within there you can select between Passenger and Goods.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

If i recall correctly one of the privy folks mentioned it makes nare a difference.

I personally refer to the manual as a last resort .
    Have a look around, remember there are panels on the back wall. For me, if im physically testing things i remember them. Im more of a 'sinks in if i do rather than read'. But again, that's just me \o/

Try that if all else fails

GL

5. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the first thing to do in the EWS Class 66 Tutorial? Changing stuff on the "heads up" computer - I remember it was easy (for me) because the LCD text is German

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

I'll give that a try. Thanks, Michael!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Artigues

Marc Artigues Member

Yes, but you change the Brake Cut In / Cut Out, not the timings.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Alright, just my memory, still doing passenger runs on journey mode, I'll run into the 66 problems later on

9. LastTrainToClarksville

Your memory is not on the ball: the tutorial mentions manipulating brake settings, not passenger/freight modes. But thanks for playing, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

I can't figure out whether I'm looking the wrong place or if the brake setting simply isn't available in the ECM preserved edition. I can do it on GWE preserved, but I'm stuck with Passenger setting on a freight train timetable. Anyone able to help? I have been through every single option on the computer.

11. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

There are two different Class 66, one of them has a green EM2000 and you cannot change the brakes on this one.
    green.PNG

To change the brakes you need the newer Class 66 with the blue, more detailed EM2000.
    blue.PNG

Restart the scenario until you get the Class 66 with the blue EM2000.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is weird, I did all BR 66 services on ECW before GWE launched on Tsw2, and I am very sure that on the monitor above the front window one can change from passenger to goods. I remember it vividly because there is a light to the front left that changes from passenger to goods after setting it on the computer.
    Maybe switch through all options on the display and have a gander? One option there has to be it.

Edit: sequencer 2k16 just confirmed what I was thinking, so my post is obsolete :D

13. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

For modern freight wagons the 66 still uses the passenger brake timings. The goods timing are only for older freight stock, of which there are non in the game.
    Matt even commented on this before during a stream.

14. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You are wrong. In the journey the two very similar engines show up randomly. In one you can set the brake mode, in the other you cannot. One you can refuel, the other one you cannot refuel. It is very confusing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mclitke

Were there two different class 66 in Tsw2 before the addition of GWE via preserved collection? Maybe I got lucky and only the correct one spawned each time, but as stated, I did all class 66 journey services before GWE dropped with preserved collection and I know that I changed the braking to goods on each of the services. It was one of the locos that I absolutely loved to set up.

16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Probably not. I think one class 66 is coming from ECW and the other two are different liveries from GWE. You may have been luck indeed. For the Aggregate Industries a number of people report a similar issue with the refuelling task, which works for one loco, but not for the other one. The brake timing is just the the other way round.

Brake timing does NOT work for the loco with the green characters at the EM2000 screen, but refuelling works (this is probably the original GWE model).
    For the EM2000 scree with blue characters, the brake timing works, but the refuelling does not work.

There is another difference: for the "green: one you do not need to set the engine run, generator filed and so on buttons. For the new one (blue) you need to set those values.

It is well possible that you are lucky or for any reason you did not notice this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mclitke

Well I just think that the ECW class 66 is the one where you can change the brake settings and the GWE one is the one that can be refueled. This would make sense since they would be inherit to their own route and explain why I had no problems before GWE preserved collection. With the release of GWE PC both versions are available and start to interchange automatically via. The substitution system (which is especially flawed in this case if you can't complete all tasks in both).
    Thus it would not boil down to luck but to logic, without the GWE 66 available of course I would not have encountered any problems and that's why I wondered why you said I was wrong and why I emphasized completing all the ECW services before the GWE PC drop without any issues at all.

18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Glad we managed to clarify it. It depends a bit on the definition of luck, but what happens is clear.You may help us by supporting the bug reports for Aggregate Industries at the Technical Issues forum. It would be good if DTG makes the refuelling work and the ability to set the brake mode as well at all locomotives. I like the idea of having slightly different liveries in the cab.