Passenger Route - General Comment On What I’d Like To See

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PeteW, Apr 2, 2021.

1. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

I generally prefer passenger over freight. I like routes which have busy stations with multiple lines and many train classes. I just find it interesting to have fast trains and slow trains running along side each other on parallel tracks. I found myself more drawn to some of the German routes because of this.
    But what I’d like to see if if a given run could have different outcomes sometime. I guess this will come under the desire for “random events”.
    So for a route with lots of traffic all going on, would be good if some of the AI (or you) get random delays at random points meaning you will get adverse signals and/or different platform assignments for the same route. This makes it feel more real to me. I don’t care about getting points for arriving on time etc.
    If you want to relate this more to real life, it would more like Virgin trains have a 95% on time stat where on time means less than 15 mins late (or whatever numbers they use)!

• Like Like x 2
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I wish more Passenger trains came to Northern Trans Pennine i made a couple suggestions a few months ago for a Class 124/128 but recently i posted on the forum my suggestion for a pack which combines my two suggestions but with a bit more added