PlayStation Patch Update 1.23

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It appears that a patch update has become available today.
    Here are the details.
    Patch update 1.23

• Like Like x 5
  2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

“Passengers at London St. Pancras have been given towels and no longer appear soaked through.”

YES!!! :D

• Like Like x 4
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

395 certainly sounds more ‘alive’

• Like Like x 2
  4. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Better running sounds?

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Running sounds are louder and more consistent, the cab also sounds more powered.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Had a brief drive following the update.

The cab sounds are definitely more lively than they were before in the 395. The dials are illuminated but for some reason, you can’t see the needle on the dials, so they’re not really functional in the tunnel, but nice to see.

The tunnels look much nicer.

The 395 can still drive off with the doors open. As you do, the doors slowly close on their own.

Door opening and closing is better.

I’ll add a further reply once I’ve played the whole route.

PS. I’m less than twenty miles from my first ever platinum trophy on PlayStation.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

If this doesn’t deserve it’s own thread I don’t know what does anymore ;) I’m half way on both train and foot miles.

great feedback above though. Shall download the patch myself when I get a chance :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

hmm ok that’s sounds promising....by powered you don’t mean motor sounds do you? As I know for a fact you can’t actually hear the motors from the cabs. Unless you drive with windows/doors open.

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No not motors, more of an electrical hum, personally I think it’s overdone a little as it borders on sounding like a static diesel, but it does give the sense that the train is powered up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The sounds are so much better now, particularly from outside, for a start you can actually hear the train above the sound of a PS4 fan. It seems to be more general running sounds that have been added in rather than the traction motor sounds but it's 100 times better than it was, I mean for a start you get the sensation of movement and driving at high speed, so for me it has given the the route what is was most in need of at launch. A patch well done.

I have a feeling people are gonna regret them adding the window wiper sounds back in though, let's just say it's not a very elegant sound from within the cab.

An aside, I assumed it might be a mistake to be fixed in this patch but it hasn't been so perhaps not. On both the Eastern and Western approaches to Stratford international the TVM takes you from 160kmph to 100kpmh between TVM flags, it seems a excessive drop given the standard 30kmph steps between speed reductions. It doesn't cost points to add in the step yourself as you are still below line speed if you ignore the TVM but given the distance from Stratford when the reduction starts it felt to me like the TVM was missing the step.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Did they rework the fences to make them look like irl too ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The fences remain the same.

13. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Thanks for the answer. So a modder on pc is able to make proper fences like irl in a few days and dtg can not... Disapointing.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It's good news and bad news from a quick initial test.

Cab audio is massively improved. The controls and alarms are now at a good level, and a rattle/clatter has been added at speed, which seems to be the same audio used in the bi-level cab car from Peninsula Corridor. Wheel screech can also be heard inside the cab.

Outside the cab, wheel noise is louder at speed which was massively lacking before. The train now does sound like a high speed service is running through. Great!

Unfortunately, the traction motor sounds haven't been increased. The result is that the motors cannot be heard above 40 kmh.

The train also still lights up like a Christmas tree when entering the tunnel leaving St. Pancras.

This is a promising first patch, but there is work still to do.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Agree with pretty much all the excellent feedback above.

can’t believe no one mention of the wipers on the 395 :o I had knitting needles at the ready. Small and essential changes have made such a difference to the audio.

all those hesitant to purchase SEHS, consider this patch permission to “proceed at restricted speed”
    even more so with the awesome looking 465 on the horizon :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m much happier after the patch. In the 395 it feels like I’m driving a train now (with a normal sounding throttle lever), not sitting in a library (next to someone with a loud stapler). The tunnels are much better now too. Not perfect along the whole length of every tunnel but certainly very good for most of them and just acceptable niggles now for the small sections where the cab still lights up. Just these improvements makes the route so much more enjoyable. I’ve not done much in the 375 and haven’t driven that since the patch, so just observations for the main improvements I wanted to see for the 395 sound and the tunnels for now.

• Like Like x 2