PlayStation Pcs Issue On Clinchfield Sd40-2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richardwwoodward, Apr 10, 2021.

1. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

On Fremont Ascent I was approaching the destination but didn't realize I had to manually set the switches, and was sent down the wrong track towards a consist of coal wagons, I panicked and applied too much automatic brakes and ended up using the emergency brake. As a resut the PCS open light came on and I couldn't move.

I did a quick internet search and found out how to reset the PCS open alert (automatic brake in emergency for 60 seconds, reverser in neutral, idle throttle, yadda yadda). The PCS light went out and I could use the lead locomotive again... BUT one of the trailing MU locomotives (2nd or 3rd) seemed to be either squeaking or an alarm was going off. I went through each locomotive checking all their setups and could not stop the noise or get them to release their brakes (none had the PCS open or any other apparent issues). So even though the front loco could move slightly back and forth on the couplings, I could not move the rest of the train. In the end I gave up and redid the entire run (this time remembering to set the switches).

Any help would be appreciated just in case this happens again in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a bug; sometimes in an emergency stop, a trail locomotive's bell will start sounding.