PlayStation Peninsula Corridor: Baby Bullet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

According to Wikipedia and videos on YouTube, Caltrain have 6 MP36PH-3C locomotives in their fleet.

Just done a run on TSW 2020 in one and left two in the station at San Francisco (3). I then proceeded to pass another 3 on route (6) before finding one in a siding at the Caltrain Depot (7) and another at San Jose (8).

Oops!

2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Got me ideas for the scenario planner

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If there was only as many in the game it would limit how many services you could use it on, so it's a good thing there are a few extra ones floating around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Maybe but a like for like service timetable for the Baby Bullet would be welcome. We’re all about realism right? I know they cut down the number of services on GWE for console players though they are accessible via the known “workaround”.

Cutting services down to ensure things perform as intended is ok imo, but adding more to flesh something out when IRL there’s not as many services, why?

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Wow, good catch. I just checked the official Caltrain page with info on their fleet (link below)... they also list only 6 MP36 locos, just like wikipedia (numbers 923-928). Kinda crazy... makes me wonder what numbers the extra two locos have.

https://www.caltrain.com/about/statsandreports/commutefleets.html

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Yup, and they only have 2 MP15DCs as well...

7. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

And... How is this a problem? I think it's rather positive that there are more in the game.
    By the way, those 6 might be only working locomotives that they have. Caltrain us known to have financial issues. There may be more broken in the shed.
    Ever thought about that? Check the history of how many they have bought.
    If it's still 6, I'm rather happy that there are more in the game and not just six.