Penzance Route. Made By The Wonderful Rivet Games!!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by aglomarsale, Oct 11, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I dont care who makes the route

22.0%
  2. No, but I dont care who makes the route

8.1%
  3. No, because this is a RIVET games product

21.6%
  4. Yes, because this is a RIVET games product

0.8%
  5. I will wait and see.

47.5%
  1. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I voted see wait and see, because all your points are valid and I have the same views as you do.

in regards to the wsr it is one of the best routes for scenery

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree “Scenery fully done by RIVET is ATROCIOUS.”

With so many complaints about it, you’d think they’d work hard to improve it and get it right.

I watched the Just Trains stream last night on the new MML to Lincoln and was amazed by the work of their team to get the scenery and buildings look right. I realise that there maybe a difference between TS and TSW but scenery building to get it right doesn’t change.

From the image of St. Ives by Rivet, it looks like they employed a four year old to to it. It’s absolutely disgraceful.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

[removed by Protagonist - don't just quote other posts without adding commentary]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Hey xi haoyu china

Can I be cheeky and ask please, are you sharing the above because you agree with them? I just thought I'd ask :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. xi haoyu china

Yes but no there is problem with my fone it break so it have problem with sensor. It random chose thing in screen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. xi haoyu china

Why dont be rude.

7. xi haoyu china

yes

8. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I am really getting tired of all the negativity pre-release of DLCs. For God's sake wait until post release and let fly, if you want. Just before release is too late for anything to get fixed. And those complaining of the lack of HSTs - as Matt said, TSW does not have the correct version of the HST for this route. Go to TSxx and get the JT route and the AP Valenta mod for the HST.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't really understand those asking for the GWR HST on WCL... Surely it would be silly to have a train in a livery and configuration from almost 30 years in the future running on a route set in the 90s where it wouldn't make much sense to include it for gameplay anyway. I'd love a Valenta HST, but WCL is absolutely not the route for it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

Do you really mean that? In the early 1990s, all the Paddington-Penzance trains (except the ‘Night Sleeper’) were Valenta HSTs. I agree the GWR MTU HST would be wrong but the route cannot be West Cornwall in the early 1990s without a Valenta HST.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

same here.

12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yes. WCL fails to provide the distinctive gameplay the HST could provide. It may be a High Speed Train, but there is nowhere on the route that is near 'high speed', and HSTs do long non-stop services, but on WCL it would be stopping so much there'd really be no point. There are 150 services included that stop less. Variety of stock is fine but not when there's no need for it. If ever a Valenta HST is made I'd like it to appear on the route, but making it specifically for WCL would be a waste of time. It would be a bit like making a Class 220 for London-Brighton, or a Class 92 for London-Faversham. They run/ran there in real life, but the trains and the gameplay just doesn't fit.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with the above. The HST in West Cornwall is hardly a waste of time, far more common west of Truro than you would expect to see a Class 37. During the morning Up period and evening Down, most services on the main line would be a HST. Yes they are a bus service west of Plymouth but that would add to the gameplay stop/starting which is only what they do in real life anyway.

In any event, after the disappointment of the 1938 stock which I have now refunded, it will take some convincing to part with £25 on another half baked Rivet/DTG offering.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

I agree with you that I would like to see a Valenta HST on a route it can run at 125 mph. The difficulty I have is that the timetable for WCL should include the London trains. If in real life these stopped at Plymouth with ongoing connections provided by Plymouth-Penzance services with 150s then that would be fine. But, the London services were HSTs (as were some of the long-distance inter-regionals) and to have 2 car 150s on these just doesn't feel right.

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Getting away from St Erth on the Down or Hayle on the Up (where some HST services did call) could be a real challenge, particularly during periods of low adhesion. In fact, at the greasiest height of the leaf-fall season it was not unusual for the stops to be pulled in order to give HST's a clear run at the respective banks.
    Unless you go "Off The Rails", which will be a pretty solitary affair without the full timetable, it will not be possible to simulate on WCL as it is planned to ship.

16. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think I'd much prefer to see a new route centred around the HST that can then be layered onto this route, instead of a specific DLC for this route where it won't be used to its full potential.

Either way, I will enjoy the route for what it does have, not lament it for what it doesn't.

• Like Like x 6
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It would have been great to have a Valenta based HST for this route, just to get the sounds but if recent releases from Rivet (1938 stock) and Skyhook (BR 187) are anything to go by, the sounds would be completely wrong. It’s not as if they can go out and get the reference recordings.

Anyway, that’s not going to stop me going into scenery editor and driving the existing HST on the route (which of course they have in more recent times).