Plans To Design Amtrak P32 And Amtrak P42 Locos, Amfleet I And Ii And Amcafe.

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by cali100001, Mar 22, 2020.

1. cali100001

cali100001 Member

Gonna hurt your wallets really bad, unless DTG decides to take on this tedious project, with up to date graphics, AI conductors, passengers with luggages, HEP, etc....

[​IMG]

For instance, if I'm operating a Sliver route, I want my cafe car to have it's respective menu.

Here's another example:

[​IMG]

This fits the Crescent and New Orleans routes.

No more terrible, repetitive sounds using only 5 .wav files. We need serious sound (also graphics) overhaul. Correct sounds and volume levels from every step away and towards the diesel locomotive, and passenger cars, 360º. All types of possible sounds you would ever hear on the locos and amfleet cars, especially the brakes squealing, iron wheels rotating on iron tracks (sounds like Magneto's magnetic force!), dozens of varieties of the K-series horns- touch-sensitive, A library of 5,000 .wav files will certainly made a very realistic and satisfying train set to operate long distance.

Potato chips!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

We need a new Metro North P32, the stupid thing can’t even change over. It still runs like a diesel even when I have it in 3rd rail mode. The RPM still registers and you can hear the engine running.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NEC Railfan

The new scripting technologies shown with the ALP-45DP can be used for the P32, if DTG just tries.
    The ALP-45DP locks at 0 rpm in electric mode, and there is no prime mover sound until it is switched over the to diesel and the engine starts up. That is quality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NEC Railfan

Although some of those things, like AI conductors, might be a bit much for the scripting involved.

5. NEC Railfan

Perhaps a certain team of 2 called Searchlight Simulations can make a 7FDL passenger enhancement pack.

6. cali100001

cali100001 Member

^ Hi, I'm sorry but Searchlight Simulations is on the same boat as DTG. They need to get every piece of audio, all around, close and far from each car their working on. That especially includes the horns, which train horn sounds bends, twists, muffles, whispers, echoes, screams, modulates all throughout movement, environment, weather and touch sensitivity of the engineer. Grand piano is a beautiful example! Grand piano has several tones to it's sound- the size of the hallway, touch sensitivity, usage of the pedals, age of the strings and so fort. While you're playing a tune on piano, sometimes you may hit a wrong key by accident, right? Music still sounds good, though. Echoes are totally missing in TS' train horns, in which as you're blasting the horn, the sound bounces off buildings, tunnels or wide open space and you get back some off-tune sounds in the result.
    Sounds like a sound engine needs to be programmed. I'm just bored to death of sounding the horn and I get a 3 sec preset .wav file. That was fun in 2002.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NEC Railfan

Searchlight Simulations did all of that with their AC4400CW, (I recommend trying it out). You can't really mess with the sound bouncing off of buildings and that becuase it would mess with the internal audio component of the game. Train Simulator, although it can probably support a lot of that, it's impossible to do everything as the game is 11 years old. However, TSW is a different story.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  8. NEC Railfan

Also, regarding engine sound, I think more than 5 .wav files are used. There are 15 .dav files used for just the prime mover itself. One for each notch, and one for each transition between notches.