Playstation (ps5) Graphic Changes Since Latest Patch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by choochooagoo#3632, Jun 22, 2022.

1. choochooagoo#3632

choochooagoo#3632 New Member

Before I go over and report this in the Technical Report forum or open a case, since the latest patch (at least) I have noticed that most all routes now have rock graphic ‘patterns’ on the ties between the rails. Some are more noticeable than others... West Somerset a few patches of brown stones every so often, Cathcart Circle Line, center track nearly 100% filled in with stone, Tees Valley Line middles nearly fully filled in with dark stones as examples. However the most distracting and noticeable was trying out the Northern Trans-Pennine route.... this actually has a ‘broken’ almost ripped open pattern of stone that actually draws in solid as you drive close to your loco...

I haven’t removed and reinstalled everything fresh, but I did remove, system restart, reinstall Northern-Trans as a test but it didn’t change anything for that lone route. Are others seeing this with these and other routes? Did I ‘miss the memo’ and this is to increase realism graphically but in some cases it may be just a bit over done?

I’ll try to attach a couple samples to this post to show what I’m seeing. Again the NTP actually is more distracting as it actually ‘paints in’ solid right in front of the loco as you drive which really drew my attention to whether this is something supposed to be happening (rocks covering center rail ties) but just not working right on NTP or just a graphic glitch in general now on all/most routes but just worse on some?

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. choochooagoo#3632

So in looking at some streams of game play it does look like rocks in between the rails is possibly normal and has been present before.... I guess it is just the way they are acting in Northern Trans-Pennine that is the most jarring... and I will admit to not playing this route much since I purchased and was waiting for the preserve updates. Anyhow, anyone on PS5 with NTP notice what I describe? Does it look as it always has to you?

3. bassman612

bassman612 Member

It looks the same on PS4 too. Definitely a change as I just played NTP right before the update. I agree it looks bad and is really distracting on Trans Pennine as it draws the rocks right in front of your train.

• Like Like x 1
  4. choochooagoo#3632

Yes, or takes rocks away from you... it does a funky little bit of both really by times... it’s just not great looking. I tried the PS4 (base) as well and agree it’s there on NTP, but not *quite* as distracting as I find it on the upgraded version on PS5... it may be that in PS4 it’s slightly less sharp and detailed to begin with, not sure. On the PS4 I noticed you can really make it do it by using the zoom view when looking closer to window etc.

Anyhow, I do think that the on at least NTP this is not what I recall seeing from my little bit of previous play time on that route and it does look like there is something strange going on with the texture draw in (or out?) and the distance it is happening at. I will look closer at some other routes to see if it is a general issue now or more isolated to specific ones.

Besides this, I am so glad they are working through the preservation updates... NiCE! I’m sure this issue will get spotted and picked up with the texture draws and hopefully fixed later... it’s just too obvious not to be with everything else looking so much better.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1