Please Can You Help!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Aug 27, 2021.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Having had problems with my computer constantly having Unreal engine crashes, and DTG support being no help whatsoever, just giving me a list of suggestions a mile long, none of which worked.

I decided to spend almost £3.000 on a new computer see specs below, resulting in TSW2 will not open at all, just an unreal engine crash, I contacted DTG support to be given the same mile long list of suggestions.
    I have forwarded them 2 crash reports.

So please, I would love to hear your suggestions

Mike

CAS: Lian Li Lancool-215 ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Chassis (features x2 ARGB 200mm fans)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 12-Core 3.70GHz, 4.8GHz Turbo - 64MB L3 Cache Processor, Pro OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)

CS_FAN: 3x Cooler Master MF120 HALO ARGB PWM Fan Kit

M2SSD: 2TB (2xTB) Intel 670P M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 3500MB/s Read & 2700MB/s Write (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3600mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI: ATX w/ RGB, PCIe 4.0, USB 3.2, SATA3, 2x M.2

OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)

POWERSUPPLY: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular Gaming Power Supply

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO

VIDEO: MSI GeForce(R) RTX 3080 Ti 12GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R), VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 MIN. Monitor Support (Single Card)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  2. mephistau

mephistau New Member

It might help but yesterday my game crashed because of the Unreal Engine when I used my Logitech gamepad. Restarted the computer and everything was fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Did you update TSW or do a completely fresh installation once the update came out?

I did the latter and fingers crossed I’ve not experienced a single crash. Make sure ALL traces of TSW are off your PC except the saved games folder in ‘Documents’ as that’s where your profile lives. Much the same spec as yours but 32GB RAM and a 2080ti instead of the 3080.

FWIW I also have .ini tweaks and some 4.26 compatible mods installed. I’ve also run the game on DX11 and DX12.

On the off chance it matters I have HAGS turned off in windows settings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Did you try to "Verify files" with Steam?

We have found a few cases where the game download didn't go quite right lately.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Start with the simple things first verify your files in steam.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

If you're overclocking, remove the overclock. Set your BIOS/UEFI to optimized defaults as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, especially when you have such a competent machine.
    When this happened to me the only thing that worked was a vanilla install.
    The Epic version ran smoothly whilst the Steam just crashed.

Delete everything Tsw related except your profile, and save it somewhere like your desktop.
    Then download the base game leaving the Dlcs unchecked for now.
    They can be added once you have the base game working.

• Like Like x 1
  8. michael hooley

As far as I know the processor is not overclocked.

9. michael hooley

Thanks David I will try that.

Mike

10. michael hooley

Yes first time it download the entire game and Dlc, all files verified after that.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  11. michael hooley

Hags?. what is the Ini file and how do you tweak it?.

Mike

12. JetWash

HAGS is ‘Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling’ and is in the Windows display/graphics settings. It’s caused a good few issues with FS2020 so I’ve just turned it off.

If you’ve done nothing with the .ini file then you can rule that out as a cause. It just allows you to improve the graphics a bit but isn't essential.

Is your Windows totally up-to-date? And your GPU drivers? Beyond that I’m struggling a bit. No idea why I’m not getting crashes and you are. Equally, the last FS2020 update (good as it was) caused absolute chaos with crashes for many many people.

It’s immensely frustrating.

13. michael hooley

Unistalled everything TSW2 reinstalled without DLC but nothing still crashing on starting game.

14. michael hooley

I have tried all DTG suggestions took me about 4 hours and nothing worked, this cannot be fair surely when you buy a game it is expected to work?.
    Can anyone read my Dx.Diag file I am quite willing to post it,

When I press play on steam this is the first thing that appeares.
    Capture.JPG

15. michael hooley

I use Driver genius so I presume all my drivers are up to date

16. JetWash

When you uninstalled the previous game did you remove all trace of it? Did you go into your Steam/Common folder and make sure TSW was gone?

Once you’ve done that I’d recommend you get the free version of CCleaner and run that. FWIW in ‘Custom Clean’ I have everything unticked except the boxes under ‘System’. Once you’ve run the cleaner (this will remove any temporary files which could be causing issues) I would run the registry cleaner. I have all boxes ticked there. This will tidy up any erroneous and defunct registry entries. It will ask if you’re sure and if you want to back up…I never have and I’ve never had a problem. That’s over decades of having this. This very often fixes issues.

Once you’ve done that restart your machine and download only the TSW2 base game. Try it now, does it run?

ps That driver genius thing sounds like bloatware. Just go to the Nvidia website and install the official driver. Given it’s crashing when you launch it from Steam however it sounds like it’s unlikely to be your graphics driver.

Failing that I’d say you’re looking at uninstalling and reinstalling Steam.

17. michael hooley

Reinstalled Steam but without success.

18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This, for 99%

Also, BIOS memory (RAM) clocks tweaks are often the case.
    Sometimes, factory default settings are "bad". Check for settings as "turbo" mode, etc., and disable it.

PS Nice RIG! :)

19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I have searched the unhandled exception reported by UE in your screenshot (0xc06d007f).
    There are multiple possible causes for this exception all related to wrong windows installation, missing or corrupt system files or anti-virus preventing the program to access or use windows files.

In this post some user got to fix it by using the Windows File Checker Tool to repair his system.
    If this does not work I think you will need to do a full Windows install from scratch.:|

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. michael hooley

mn ,

it is a new Cyberpower computer straight out of the box, with a brand new installation of Windows 10, all the other games run a dream, TS2021 is fantastic not a stutter with frame rate well over 100 fps.

21. michael hooley

Thanks, all that overclocking is way beyond me, it is a brand new Cyberpower computer straight out of the box and as far as know not overclocked

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  22. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

If you buy a computer like that, it's in your best interest to get familiar with the components and how they work. Even basic troubleshooting.

With a new rig like that, I'd definitely do a fresh installation of Windows (you mentioned fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm not sure if you did it yourself). Anything from a 3rd party manufacturer is usually loaded with bloat and nonsense.

Install drivers first, straight from the manufacturer's website. Then focus on getting all the Windows updates installed. Then you'll be primed to start gaming.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, something's amiss, that's for sure. A rocket ship like that should blow just about any game out of the water. If it plays TS the way you describe, it should play TSW2 as smooth as butter. I'd give my right arm for a rig like that.
    I really don't think you should have to reinstall Windows on a brand new computer because it would have come pre-installed. All you should need to do is allow it to update Windows, update the GPU driver and maybe get rid of the bloatware, if any.
    Then make sure your TSW2 installation is squeaky clean by doing a file verify.
    If you start messing around with the basic software, you could make things worse. Follow Cyberpower's instructions on their website before you mess with the bios or any other settings. The most you need to do is run their official downloads. Whenever I've bought a new rig, it's been good to go out of the box, that's how they make them these days, especially when you hand over that kind of moola.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I suggest you configure AMD’s platform to use AMD’s 6900XT on the graphics card

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ya never know. My computer came from the factory with the Windows settings running graphics on the motherboard graphics chipset, bypassing the (then) hotrod GTX card entirely. No wonder it was a pig on 3D games!

• Like Like x 2
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also, Michael, most new computers come with a shedload of worthless bloatware loading on boot, and any one of them could be conflicting with UE. Disable 'em all in Startup Manager.

27. michael hooley

Thank you, I do not seem to have a lot of start up programs ,TSW2 Failed to open before i installed Driver genius, not sure what else i could disable? info attached. Capture 2.JPG Capture.JPG

28. davidh0501

Just a thought but I screwed up when I changed the resolution to 1650x1050 to suit my old monitor thinking it would reduce the demand on my video card. It did, it just stopped working.
    When I changed back to the default 1980 it ran fine.
    Not knowledgeable in the ways of science to work that one out.

When in doubt stick to defaults.

29. michael hooley

Think I have progressed a bit, installed TSW2020 and it opens and seems to work fine, got a warning that Windows Defender was blocking some operations, but it seems to work fine, I did get interruptions from Windows One Drive, therefore I have uninstalled it.
    The installation of TSW2020 only includes a few of my DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  30. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

closed Windows Defender

31. davidh0501

Good news!

32. michael hooley

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions, but nothing worked, I still cannot open TSW 2, TSW 2021 and Railworks run perfectly.

I have worked through DTG's long list of suggestions, nothing worked.

I am now waiting for help from DTG. having submitted more data of my set up.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Try asking someone you trust to look at your PC config via Remote Desktop.
    I'm sorry to hear, you have such adventures. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  34. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

There's something wrong with how you have your computer configured in my opinion. Good luck fixing it.

• Like Like x 1
  35. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes

36. michael hooley

I do not know where to turn next, started with this problem in August, spent hours trying DTG'S suggestion's and got nowhere,
    Submitted 1 last ticket.

I cannot understand when TSW, Train Simulator 2022 run flawlessly.

37. 5cip

5cip Active Member

michael hooley

first in windows defender set your game TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe to the exception list in this folder
    your drive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Binaries\Win64
    set your entire game folder to the exception list too
    your drive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2

i had this a while ago too and the problem was from windows defender never thought about that until i found the problem (defender prevented TSW 2 to start and i had this unreal engine error which i thought it came from my gfx drivers first)
    if this doesnt work you can test if this problem disapears with the installation of another av engine of your choice (bitdefender /kaspersky etc...) too see if the problem still exist.
    when you still have no luck then maybe its better to start off with a fresh system

good luck cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Re-install Directx from microsoft. - Somebody recently had the same errors.
    Failing that, make sure you're running the latest nvidia GPU drivers.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  39. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Is your radiator air-cooled or water-cooled? It is recommended to use 360 water cooling.
    Because your GPU is 3080TI, 3090 is better, because 3090 has 24GB of video memory.
    Another point is that your memory please use 16X2=32GB memory, especially the memory is best to use big brand overclocking memory.
    The only thing I can do now is to change to 16GBX2 memory, the best!

40. michael hooley

Time to wind this post up.

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack, I have tried every one of your suggestions as well as the hours of suggestions by DTG. I have had a friend in the software development industry have a look with no success.

It is obviously a setting on my computer or graphics card.

This has been going on for over 6 months.

I have now purchased an Xbox series s, the games is now on offer on the Microsoft Store at just over £8 and I can play again.

Thank you all for your help, I do not like to give up on a problem but the problem is solved be it costing me over £250.

Take care

Mike