Please Make Hud's Led 7-segment Font Be Optional

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FeralKitty, Aug 13, 2020.

1. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Screenshot taken from this post.
    [​IMG]
    I can understand the use of a mono-spaced font for certain aspects of the HUD, but may we please have some option to disable or configure the 7-segment font being shown here?

It's more difficult to read that style of numbers at a glance.

The HUD should support letting us quickly see information, not making some of us struggle to read certain numeric values and times.

(The 1970's look is also out-out-place in a HUD which otherwise would be modern and stylish.)

Thanks for your consideration!

• Like Like x 5
  2. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

I very much agree. As someone who already has a hard time seeing things in general, this is problem that will screw me over when I finally play the game. The current font is TWS2020 is so much more readable and pleasant to my eyes. Iā€™m sure there are many other people who also have this problem in mind.

3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I agree with this as well- great idea! Just use the same font as the ā€˜19ā€™ in the pic, just scale it down a bit to fit here and there and probably make it bold-face to make it pop. I would actually replace all 7-segment numerics on the entire HUD this way... just too hard to read at a distance.