Poll: Realistic/complex Coupling?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eurocityboy, Jun 18, 2020.

?
  1. Simple click (keep as is - this isn't a feature I want to see)

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Give me a choice via the game settings between simple and complex coupling procedures

24 vote(s)
    82.8%
  1. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

Something that I always thought could use a bit more detail and realism in the game is the coupling procedure: In the game, it's just a simple click, where in reality, depending on the coupler type, coupling can be a relatively complex procedure: Screw couplings must be tightened, air hoses connected, angle cocks closed and gradually opened (to manage air flow), etc. Run8 has a very nice, detailed simulation of the procedures involving North American automatic couplers. Proper coupling to ensure safe and speedy operations can take quite a bit of practice!

I'd really like to see something similar in TSW2. Ideally, I would like a game setting that lets users toggle between "simple coupling" (as it is today) and a technically detailed simulation. What do you think?

• Like Like x 3
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I think that would be a fun and welcome feature in TSW. The whole point of me playing a simulator is to learn more, and simulate what day-to-day engineers deal with (of course, there always has to be a balance).

I'd like to know more about coupling, I didn't know it was so challenging in real life.
    I know that when trains decouple, the air hoses 'explode' with so much pressure, and sometimes I wonder if it can sever a limb or something? Sometimes I see engineers doing it by hand, and they're incredibly close to it when it disconnects. What's up with that?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, some better coupling system would definitely be welcome. Doesn't need to be too detailed, just a few buttons to couple, tighten (if needed), connect hoses, etc. Currently it's too easy mode when a service/scenario asks you to couple up and all you have to do it smash into it and done.

• Like Like x 2