Portugal Route (porto-campanha To Lisbon Santa Apolónia)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by marcosilva23, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. marcosilva23

marcosilva23 New Member

The portuguese railways are so complex and so beautiful that i think the portugal route operated by CP (Comboios Portugal) it's a good route for Train Sim World 2020. Operate the rapid train "Alfa Pendular" serial number cp 4000 and the freight trains cp 5600. Maybe also has the urban trains cp3400.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Although I am totally in favor to this idea ( I'm Portuguese myself ), we would probably need to start with something smaller, according to DTG's current method of route building. I'm afraid the whole route from Porto Campanhã do Lisboa Santa Apolónia is a long route. But... I'd totally love to see it.

As for other Portuguese routes in general, I'd suggest for example the scenic Douro Valley route, maybe and mostly the interesting part where you run next to the river. And by the time we get steam in TSW, we could also have the route from Régua to Tua and work historic trains with CP 0186, currently the only working steam locomotive in Portugal. :)

I'd personally love to see some other stuff. For example Barreiro to Setúbal in the late 80s, early 90s. Work suburban trains with old locos such as the CP 1400 English Electrics, CP 1500/1520 ALCos, then you'd be able to also take semi-fast trains with CP 1800s ( The English Electric "50s" ) or CP 1930s, as well as Intercity Services. There were also freight services, including the famous and long VW auto carrier train from Penalva's Auto Europa car factory to the Setúbal harbor. Oh well... We can't have it all, but I would definitely love to see all this on TSW. Even on TS 2020 for that matter. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I'm not Portuguese but I've been there and I think they should do CP Lisboa Linha de Sintra

• Like Like x 3
  4. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

That is also a very good suggestion, UnlimitedMagic ! That's one of the busiest suburban routes in Portugal. The units used ( CP 2300 / 2400 ) also make a very interesting noise, plus I have got contacts of people who drive them at work. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I’m staying at Monte Abraão. And it’s pretty close to one of the stations in Linha de Sintra