Xbox Potential Way To Save 8th Gen Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dath Vater 208, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

On one of Spirit of Steam previev streams, it was said, that DTG doesn't want to end support for 8th gen consoles. 8th gen is pretty old now, so it's problematic for the hardware to process new TSW. As owner of Xone I can say, that I started to encounter some problems, when I switched from TSW2020 to TSW2. Now, basically I play TSW2 routes first and then older ones, to minimalize chances of crashing. (Just physics, when temperature of conductor rises, resistance also increases. This reduces power of hardware, decreasing it's efficiency, until it cools down) Additionally, with every new TSW, graphics quality increases, making it even harder to process. My idea to save 8th gen TSW is to make graphics changeble. How? I suggest one, or mix of those two variants: 1. Toggle to downgrade the graphics to the state of past TSWs (TSW2, TSW2020, TSW), potentially also having an "auto" setting, that would adjust graphics, depending on what's best solution (so if efficiency decreases due to temperature of hardware, it would decrease graphics to have a safe amount of memory to decrease chance of crashing). 2. Let players choose priorities. For example to decrease texture quality, but increse shadow range. The more powerfull hardware is, the less compromises are needed. So, that's my idea. Please help me reach DTG with this, especially if you play on 8th gen. Thank you for help. I want to buy TSW3, but I wait for sale and major bugs to be resolved and game to be a bit more optimised if it's possible.

2. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

What do you think about it DTG JD?

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think this would come with technical challenges and how it would essentially need to be remade cuz it's easier to just use all the newer features than to rebuild a route to not have any of the features to support #1. Last gen consoles are struggling since they are getting old and tsw is really pushing them to their limits with each release. There should be like multiple options too like performance mode (no shadows, low draw distance, etc) to get higher fps and stuff. But last gens would still struggle regardless and have limitations such as not having longer freight consists, layers, etc

• Like Like x 1